Things that annoy or delight you on the telly right now

welshbairn

7 hours ago, JustOneCornetto said:

Watched the annual quiz between Corrie and Emmerdale stars last night which is always a bit of a fun watch, especially seeing some of the characters from years ago and how they've changed. Near the end they played a montage of clips from Corrie with characters expressing shock and horror at the mention of London as if it's a hellish place two thousand miles away. Was sure I'd seen the montage before and sure enough it's one made by our very own @MSU who does a weekly podcast with his missus called The Talk of the Street. Well done them, getting a mention in the credits on prime time tv.

Cheers, ser! Quite weird that between this, Radio 1 and 2, some shite on Talk TV and all the views on social media, the wee clip has millions of impressions. And I don't get a fucking penny for it. Belter!

Edited by MSU

1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

There’s a scene from the Royale Family about three quarters through than to this day has me bawling my eyes out.  

There’s a few scenes from that show that leave me with a tear in my eye. Beautifully observed show and the documentary the other night was really good.

Still going through the old Batman TV show with Scott.

His favourite parts (Julie Newmar aside) is the fight scenes when they clearly swapped out the actors for stunt doubles. He has labelled them Fat Batman, Bald Robin and Afro Joker.

They get away with it, I guess, because of the outfits.

6 minutes ago, Autistisches Nilpferd said:

House of Fecking Games. I swing between not minding it and absolutely hating its guts. Depends on which folk are on and how big a smug w**k Richard is being

I like the format but it’s now unwatchable with that 6’5 lump of dogshit presenting it.

2 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Well unless it as called Jimmy Savile’s House of Games for a bit, then yes.

Crikey, there’s an image.

FWIW I don’t mind Richard Osman and find him far more tolerable on House of Games than I ever did on Pointless.

It’s still very dependent on the weekly line up but I still find House of Games enjoyable.

14 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

I like the format but it’s now unwatchable with that 6’5 lump of dogshit presenting it.

Livingston/County/St Johnstone/Motherwell/Aberdeen fans can make their own jokes by inserting their team’s tallest, most useless player into the following punchline:

“At least X has something to fall back on when his playing career is over.”

Watched the Big Fat Quiz of the Year. As ever I pick up on very little that happens during the year. 

At what point does it become cruel wheeling Rosie Jones out? Comedy is all about timing, which unfortunately she's unable to do, but aside from that she isn't even remotely funny with what she says, even if the timing was spot on. 

20 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Watched the Big Fat Quiz of the Year. As ever I pick up on very little that happens during the year. 

At what point does it become cruel wheeling Rosie Jones out? Comedy is all about timing, which unfortunately she's unable to do, but aside from that she isn't even remotely funny with what she says, even if the timing was spot on. 

Shut it, you ableist misogynist...

is the response everyone on twitter is getting for making this fairly reasonable point, along with "Don't you know she was a very successful writer for loads of your favourite comedians?".

55 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Shut it, you ableist misogynist...

is the response everyone on twitter is getting for making this fairly reasonable point, along with "Don't you know she was a very successful writer for loads of your favourite comedians?".

Noticed that. Bizarre take. There's loads of comedians I don't find remotely funny yet when I put her on the list it's because of her disability I don't like her apparently. 

17 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Noticed that. Bizarre take. There's loads of comedians I don't find remotely funny yet when I put her on the list it's because of her disability I don't like her apparently. 

Maybe it was the phrase "wheeling [her] out".

5 hours ago, ScotiaNostra said:

watched that yesterday and agree, it was really good. Beautiful is the right word.

It was great but clearly Peter Hook didn't have a hand in producing it.

On 31/12/2023 at 17:56, Ewanandmoreagain said:

BBC I player  -.   ( the ). Clique.

It was set in Edinburgh

The smaller lassie with the specs was the star 

( I wear specs too )

Series 2 - still set in Edinburgh

Is it still for real ?

I know they are featuring the elite again but still a shortage of your average Scottish student.

( we miss you Elizabeth )

Lesbians have short hair

Amateur psychology **** !

Holly visiting the lassie in prison who slashed her in series one . Holly still fornicating guys she should avoid . Holly has a new hairstyle .

Anyway it is either Jack's " brother " or ethe older guy " in charge of " the group