Things that annoy or delight you on the telly right now

welshbairn

Annika BBC I player.

Series 1  ( episode 3 )   started                                                  here because the murder victim was found in Loch Katrine

Pretty good . The crime solving was not obvious but the rest of it is amusing.  I cannot remember a police series where the chief detective's psychotherapist seeing daughter is very good friends with one of her junior detectives who is not the usual " Marine Homocide Unit ( ! ) " officer

Mr Bates vs The Post Office is compelling viewing which makes you angrier the more you find out about this scandalous miscarriage of justice. All the more sickening that Paula Vennells who was the CEO of the Post Office who oversaw hundreds of wrongful convictions was awarded a CBE in 2019 for services to PO. Still to watch the documentary about it.

Btw Falkirk post office in Callendar Square gets a mention in first episode.

On 01/01/2024 at 20:06, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

It annoys me more than is reasonable that the original episodes of Scotch & Wry have never been made available, only the VHS tapes of the Hogmanay specials and now the original version of the 1986 one, which has a couple of (shite) sketches unavailable elsewhere. I assume the original recordings were destroyed by the BBC in their massive Nineties content bonfire, right before they could have made a fortune from it all on DVDs and streaming. They binned episodes of Doctor Who, FFS.

Imagine if all we had left of Chewin' the Fat was the Hogmanay specials. I'm too young to have seen Scotch & Wry, so this boils my spuds.

6 minutes ago, JustOneCornetto said:

Mr Bates vs The Post Office is compelling viewing which makes you angrier the more you find out about this scandalous miscarriage of justice. All the more sickening that Paula Vennells who was the CEO of the Post Office who oversaw hundreds of wrongful convictions was awarded a CBE in 2019 for services to PO. Still to watch the documentary about it.

Haven't seen it yet, but I'm curious about why the Falkirk franchise is getting a mention, considering it didn't exist when the Post Office were busy persecuting their SubPostmasters to cover up for the government's failure to procure working software (yet again).

I don't suppose there's any internal correspondence from the time; that should have been a laugh. "Oh no, suddenly hundreds of our SubPostmasters have all decided to go on the fiddle at the same time! What could possibly be the cause?"

5 minutes ago, BFTD said:

It annoys me more than is reasonable that the original episodes of Scotch & Wry have never been made available, only the VHS tapes of the Hogmanay specials and now the original version of the 1986 one, which has a couple of (shite) sketches unavailable elsewhere. I assume the original recordings were destroyed by the BBC in their massive Nineties content bonfire, right before they could have made a fortune from it all on DVDs and streaming. They binned episodes of Doctor Who, FFS.

Imagine if all we had left of Chewin' the Fat was the Hogmanay specials. I'm too young to have seen Scotch & Wry, so this boils my spuds.

And yet every episode of Only an Excuse presumably still exists. They could bin all except one and just keep repeating it; nobody would notice.

On 02/01/2024 at 21:18, Savage Henry said:

First episode of season two of The Tourist was as snappy and well written as most of series one was.  Shall definitely be watching the rest. 

On the third episode now, really surprised how good it has been, completely bonkers characters and great acting. Hope the standard stays like this.

On 04/01/2024 at 13:18, JustOneCornetto said:

I've followed this through private eye and it's criminal what post office did to these people.

I'm on episode 2, and my emotions are going back and forward between being utterly heartbroken for the SPMs, and utterly fucking seething at the Post Office.

The whole thing is absolutely disgusting

2 hours ago, RH33 said:

I've followed this through private eye and it's criminal what post office did to these people.

Me too. I can't bear to watch the programme.

On 06/01/2024 at 18:34, Mark Connolly said:

I'm on episode 2, and my emotions are going back and forward between being utterly heartbroken for the SPMs, and utterly fucking seething at the Post Office.

The whole thing is absolutely disgusting

@rambling syd rumpo has been publicising this on Twitter for a long time, guessing he'll be pleased it's finally getting the air time it deserves.