Things that annoy or delight you on the telly right now

welshbairn

To Catch A Copper last night in Channel 4. A look into how the police deal with complaints and disciplinary issues, won't spoil it but absolutely shocking behaviour from some of the police but not surprising in the slightest 

2 hours ago, Bert Raccoon said:

To Catch A Copper last night in Channel 4. A look into how the police deal with complaints and disciplinary issues, won't spoil it but absolutely shocking behaviour from some of the police but not surprising in the slightest 

Very much in the style of 24 Hours in Police Custody. 

Very interesting (and harrowing) watch. 

Spoiler

The copper that raped the woman in the car was guilty as f**k, IMO

On 27/01/2024 at 04:52, pawpar said:

Was watching a programme on Friday night about house extensions on channel 4 with rapper tinie tempah. First homes under the hammer with dion dublin and now this. Tune into Bargain Hunt tomorrow with stormzy.

I spent all Sunday watching BBC One and this wasn't on. Gutted, love Stormzy. 

Tell Them You Love Me, a documentary about a non-verbal disabled man in the US whose female carer claimed to have formed an intimate relationship with him using the technique of Facilitated Communication, where a carer physically supports a non verbal person to communicate via a keyboard.

It can be a hard watch given the subject matter but there are so many interesting subjects and ideas covered in a respectful and dignified way. The rights of disabled people, race, saviour complexes, communication and delusion. It’s executive producer is Louis Theroux, although he doesn’t appear in it or narrate it.

Spoiler below

Spoiler

His carer is an unapologetic she-beast and Facilitated communication is complete bullshit, basically like a Ouija Board.

On 31/12/2023 at 08:54, Savage Henry said:

Livingston/County/St Johnstone/Motherwell/Aberdeen fans can make their own jokes by inserting their team’s tallest, most useless player into the following punchline:

“At least X has something to fall back on when his playing career is over.”

(Belatedly!j

Well at least Crawford Baptie has something to fall back on since his playing and car selling careers are over!

Currently watching Ant Man. Evangeline Lily is fucking gorgeous and this looks s decent watch.

One wee thing though. We see Falcon (the cheapest of the Avengers) fighting Ant Man and he's flying through the air with no head protection. He's flying, probably at about 40-50mph and routinely ends up crashing into something. John Wick levels of plot armour.

I love Evangeline Lilly more than I love Scott McTominay. There. I said it.

On 04/02/2024 at 23:17, Bairnardo said:

Just watched ten minutes of one of the last series of Still Game.

Absolutely awful. Much worse than I recall thinking when it came out and I was trying hard to give it a pass. 

We watched them all the way through recently and the dive in quality was remarkable. The walking football episode is horrible.

Such a shame as well as previously there was a belly laugh in every episode.

Just finished a 3-day binge watch of Miners Strike 1984: The Battle For Britain on Channel 4. Really good doc - pretty well balanced but thoroughly fucking depressing at the same time (particularly the Battle of Orgreave episode), and a great reminder to all those who think Maggie wasn't as bad as people remember that she was that she was a hateful human being.

Also, how rotten to the core were South Yorkshire Police in the 80's?

On 06/02/2024 at 11:36, funky_nomad said:

Just finished a 3-day binge watch of Miners Strike 1984: The Battle For Britain on Channel 4. Really good doc - pretty well balanced but thoroughly fucking depressing at the same time (particularly the Battle of Orgreave episode), and a great reminder to all those who think Maggie wasn't as bad as people remember that she was that she was a hateful human being.

Also, how rotten to the core were South Yorkshire Police in the 80's?

Tbf I think it was the entire machinery of state&the establishment that were rotten to the core,not just South Yorkshire police

Criminal Record with Peter Capaldi on Apple TV. Really good, so far with plot twists aplenty. Still difficult to work out what Capaldi's characters motives are, and what the end game will be.

Apple TV a strong showing with this and Slow Horses recently 

54 minutes ago, Jedi2 said:

Criminal Record with Peter Capaldi on Apple TV. Really good, so far with plot twists aplenty. Still difficult to work out what Capaldi's characters motives are, and what the end game will be.

Apple TV a strong showing with this and Slow Horses recently 

And good they are investing in UK productions and not all American pap.

23 hours ago, highlandmac said:

Tbf I think it was the entire machinery of state&the establishment that were rotten to the core,not just South Yorkshire police

Interesting !

That reminds me of " Sherwood " , and at least one of the scenes therein

The U.K. went from being run by the unions to being run by ****ing Thatcher , Tebbit et al !

On 05/02/2024 at 22:33, Ann Dan Otherthing said:

(Belatedly!j

Well at least Crawford Baptie has something to fall back on since his playing and car selling careers are over!

I remember the " the Absolute Game " came in for some criticism after their comment on Crawford Baptie's influence on Falkirk's style of play