Things that annoy or delight you on the telly right now

welshbairn

14 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I'm watching the new X-Files episodes. I had an inkling they wouldn't be very good but I'm most surprised by the production quality. I feel as if I'm watching one of those films Channel 5 shows at 2 in the afternoon. 

The character is believed by some to have initiated a phenomenon referred to as "The Scully Effect," as the character's role as a medical doctor and FBI Special Agent inspired many young women to pursue careers in science, medicine, engineering, and law enforcement, and as a result brought a perceptible increase in the number of women in those fields.[68][69] At the 2013 San Diego Comic-Con International, Anderson noted that she has long been aware of "The Scully Effect" and stated: "We got a lot of letters all the time, and I was told quite frequently by girls who were going into the medical world or the science world or the FBI world or other worlds that I reigned, that they were pursuing those pursuits because of the character of Scully. And I said, 'Yay!'"

I'm being punished for all the posts in the other thread. Cigarette Smoking Man is the father of Scully's baby. This is a fever dream and isn't real. I choose to believe that none of it exists.

Posted (edited)

I am giving " Granite Harbour " another try. ??!!

Spoiler

God only knows ( why ? )

Maybe I like meaningful aerial shots of Aberdeen HARBOUR 

I think I might have heard an attempt at an Aberdonian accent

( the drug dealer needless to say )

Do they / have they left the city for the surrounds ?

Edited by Ewanandmoreagain

9 hours ago, Groundhopping Adventures said:

The old Brexit b*****d and his daft wife are going to win Race Across the World aren't they?

I really hope not. I’d be happy with Owen/Alfie or Betty/James winning at this stage.

10 hours ago, Groundhopping Adventures said:

The old Brexit b*****d and his daft wife are going to win Race Across the World aren't they?

Anybody who voted for Brexit should have had their passports withdrawn.

3 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Channel 5 right now, to paraphrase R. Lee Ermey from Full Metal Jacket...

"Old people play snooker like old people f**k."

Missed my 4pm Bargain Loving Brits Abroad for this boring muck. Have to wait until next week to hear how Barbara (72) is getting on in her new chalet in Benidorm 

1 minute ago, Bert Raccoon said:

Missed my 4pm Bargain Loving Brits Abroad for this boring muck. Have to wait until next week to hear how Barbara (72) is getting on in her new chalet in Benidorm 

She’ll probably be deid by this time next week 

18 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Channel 5 right now, to paraphrase R. Lee Ermey from Full Metal Jacket...

"Old people play snooker like old people f**k."

I watched about 20 minutes. Knocking balls round the table, making breaks of 12, missing every safety shot...I don't get the appeal.

Rob and Rylan’s Grand Tour on BBC Two was brilliant - 3 parter schlepping around Venice, Florence and Rome exploring the cultural history with the background of both of them getting over divorces so fucking off to somewhere nice like the hoi polloi did 250 years ago.

Hope they’ve got more of these planned.

On 12/05/2024 at 21:10, The Naitch said:

Rob and Rylan’s Grand Tour on BBC Two was brilliant - 3 parter schlepping around Venice, Florence and Rome exploring the cultural history with the background of both of them getting over divorces so fucking off to somewhere nice like the hoi polloi did 250 years ago.

Hope they’ve got more of these planned.

Giving this a go.  It’s a bit idiot abroad and somewhat patronising to Rylan.   But it’s a bit more educational than Travel Man so we’re sticking with it.