Things that annoy or delight you on the telly right now

welshbairn

"Win win Wednesday! TGI Thursday! Feel GOOOOOOOOD Friday! SUUUUPER SAAAATURDAAAAYYY!"

I thought Anthea Turner had been forced to face facts years ago that the public no longer wanted anything to do with her. As amusing as it is to see her flogging lottery tickets, dead behind the eyes and reading off an autocue like a fifty-year-old prom queen bursting out of her dress and offering handjobs outside a nightclub, I'd prefer her off TV screens altogether.

The number of adverts with twee songs with women doing acoustic covers of rubbish 80s songs is doing my head in these days. The Lenny Henry Premier Inn current one makes me want to punch the screen.

Not a cover but the one for Hive heating control things is in the same boat...brutal.

Like that one with the woman singing the song from Willy Wonka. Why?

Good telly - Hunted on Channel 4.

Really enjoying The Hunted. Watched the last two episodes.

Is there a separate thread running for it?

Edited by dave.j

Starting to get really fucked off with Grand Designs.

A show that thrives on an element of failure, be it financial or construction.

But the lavish spending that goes on in what are pretty tough times for the majority of folk in the country, it's hard to understand who it's now pitched at.

The other week we had a guy spend nearly £2m building a house on the Isle of Mann. With beautiful views of the ferry. All under the sub plot of "I nearly died, I don't care about money and debt".

All along you just hoped his care free wife would end up stacking shelves in the local co-op to pay the bills. Or even better, 6 months down the line it's getting rented out as a holiday home.

Really enjoying The Hunted. Watched the last two episodes.

Is there a separate thread running for it?

Nah no thread for it just yet. Plenty of us posting in this thread about it though!

Another great episode last night. How lucky did they get at the caravan park though?!

Starting to get really fucked off with Grand Designs.

A show that thrives on an element of failure, be it financial or construction.

The last episode of GD I watched was when the bloke from County Derry turned two shipping containers into something of beauty. OK so he spent a shitload and got the land for free....but it was beautiful:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taShJ0jxaSU

Edited by The_Kincardine

The advert on TV about contactless payment (or Apple Pay - can't mind which) has a woman going to an ice cream van and paying using the card reader. Do ice cream vans even have card machines? Genuinely can't decide if that advert is on the ball or just something to piss me off.