Things that annoy or delight you on the telly right now

welshbairn

Dont know really. My favourite thing on telly now is Billions. I just like a really well made box set tbh

Any Original Netflix show would be your best bet then. I've yet to watch one that wasn't at least well made. Loads to pick from.

Give Black Mirror a go. Addictive show even though every episode is it's own story. Written originally for Channel 4 by Charlie Brooker but Netflix have it now.

Comedy wise It's Always Funny in Philadelphia and Trailer Park Boys might be the two funniest sitcoms to ever grace the screen.

Any Original Netflix show would be your best bet then. I've yet to watch one that wasn't at least well made. Loads to pick from.

Give Black Mirror a go. Addictive show even though every episode is it's own story. Written originally for Channel 4 by Charlie Brooker but Netflix have it now.

Comedy wise It's Always Funny in Philadelphia and Trailer Park Boys might be the two funniest sitcoms to ever grace the screen.

I love Black Mirror and Trailer Park Boys. I have heard good things about Always sunny in Philadelphia so might give that a go.  

Eta actually that doesnt do Black Mirror justice. The quality with which each episode is made is fucking mind boggling. The writing, storylines, twists and turns and real quality acting.... Cant believe it isnt more mainstream. Its fucking unbelievable how they have come up with so many consistently top notch, totally original stories.

17 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I love Black Mirror and Trailer Park Boys. I have heard good things about Always sunny in Philadelphia so might give that a go.  

Eta actually that doesnt do Black Mirror justice. The quality with which each episode is made is fucking mind boggling. The writing, storylines, twists and turns and real quality acting.... Cant believe it isnt more mainstream. Its fucking unbelievable how they have come up with so many consistently top notch, totally original stories.

2 hours ago, Rugster said:

The West Wing

Haw!

If you like Trailer Park Boys I expect your sense of humour would appreciate Sunny in Philly. The first season only has 6 episodes and isn't the greatest but it's important in showing you what the characters are like. De Vito doesn't come in until the next season and adds another dimension. He gets more mental with every season.

The characters are all horrible people and seem to ruin everyone's life they come into contact with. One of the recurring characters is Rickety Cricket who was a priest when they first meet him. His appearance now is unbelievable as they somehow manage to make his life worse every time they meet him [emoji38]

Well worth a watch. I'm sure it'll be the longest running sitcom in America once it completes it's 14th season. How it hasn't been picked up over here baffles me as it's very subtle comedy at times, not your typical OTT American comedy.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:
1 hour ago, Rugster said:
Haw!

Sorry missed that. Is it like House of Cards? Mrs B wouldnt watch it so I may take up your recommendation when away at work

It's the best tv programme ever made. Ever. 

13 minutes ago, Rugster said:

It's the best tv programme ever made. Ever. 

Agreed. Sadly missed, though I find Madam Secretary almost as good. Final episode of Season 4 was on last week; all four seasons available on Sky Box Sets.

Frankie Boyle in Russia was a pretty good highlighting to the scaremongering by showing Russians as normal, friendly human beings. Even the sellick supporter.

Just watched that as well. Was on the phone the first half hour but still half watching. Looks a pretty crazy (as in different) place! Sure I’ve seen the nightclub on the horrific nightclubs thread as well

On 10/06/2018 at 14:01, NJ2 said:

Anyone watching or watched romper stomped on bbc iPlayer? Enjoying it. Plots a bit weak at times (no spoilers) but dark and tense at times. Intrigued to see the end game.

Yeah really annoyed as thought it was all up there, now intrigued to find out what happens. Should be available Thursday if I’m not mistaken. 

Yeah really annoyed as thought it was all up there, now intrigued to find out what happens. Should be available Thursday if I’m not mistaken. 

Ah perfect! Aye, I thought episode 5 was the last one but assume not now. I seen the first one a couple of weeks ago then binged the rest on Sunday

Davina McCall (I could just stop there to be honest) is either wearing a uniform on the 100k drop or they film dozens of episodes per day as she's been wearing the same thing for about two weeks solid on it. 

Really enjoying Atlanta. It's different from most comedies out there and is clearly making a number of points on African Americans in US society though cannot claim to understand all of them.

Good shout. Just watched a couple, decent so far.