Things that annoy or delight you on the telly right now

welshbairn

The go compare advert where the waitress comes out with the bill and all the friends at the table are tight fisted b*****ds and refuse to take the bill!! Total infuriating despite it just being a go compare advert.

Thoroughly enjoying series 2 of "Abandoned Engineering" on Yesterday channel.

It's makes you wonder on the hours and money invested in these grand schemes but, either through obsolescence or political turmoil, they have been neglected and left to deteriorate. Maybe a niche interest, but some of the stories that go with the sites are quite amazing.

Available on catchup here https://uktvplay.uktv.co.uk/shows/abandoned-engineering/watch-online/

On 6/5/2018 at 18:59, Miguel Sanchez said:

Who says Pakistani women can't drive huh? Hashtag fake nooz!

Get. To. F**k.

Agreed. I don't watch the programme but do watch C4 in the mornings and have seen both trailers. The way that woman stresses the final syllable of words is really fucking annoying.

13 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Scotland 78: A Love Story was on BBC1 tonight. Just finished should be available on iplayer. World Cup related Scottish Nostalgia. I quite enjoyed it.

Being in Hampden waving them off as they went away to win the World Cup is one of my earliest memories.

Later that year my dad abandoned us all, then tried to commit suicide.

I was too young to work out if these two events were connected but they probably were.

Edited by Ziggy

Watching Portillo on catch up in San Francisco. A line was "When I was Defence Secretary I didn't expect to end up in a hippy van taking me to a drag party." :lol:

Edited by welshbairn

3 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

Scotland 78: A Love Story was on BBC1 tonight. Just finished should be available on iplayer. World Cup related Scottish Nostalgia. I quite enjoyed it.

It was a fascinating and beautifully produced piece of Scottish social history.

6 hours ago, Ziggy said:

I remember when Mock the Week used to be funny.

Even in its heyday it still had Andy Parsons and one of the comedy TV Russells. I see they've changed the theme tune. That's improved things.

Aside from this, I recommend James Acaster scrapes book. Genuinely hilarious.

8 hours ago, Girth said:

Any else quite liking that 'Romper Stomper' series? First episode was a bit meh but enjoying it now. 

Just watched first two episodes, it’s not bad, probably best thinking of it as a totally separate entity to the film.