Things that annoy or delight you on the telly right now

welshbairn

Watched Rovers on NowTV. Craig Cash is the main character but he didn't write it, just directed it.

As used above, gentle comedy would be appropriate here as well. Never had any belly laughs and Cash's acting can sometimes come across as trying too hard but it's easy viewing with the odd chuckle.

No laughter track which is always a bonus for me and even if it's not the greatest I give those kind of sitcoms time as they haven't went for cheap laughs.

Only 6 episodes but worth sticking on just before bed.

26 minutes ago, GordonD said:

Was it the one where he breaks the apple in half?

New episode, I believe. There's a YouTube vid compilation of all his tall tales. The apple one is great. As is the one where he cut bloke's hair at the Spain World Cup.

In fact, here it is. Fifty minutes of pure joy.

New episode, I believe. There's a YouTube vid compilation of all his tall tales. The apple one is great. As is the one where he cut bloke's hair at the Spain World Cup.

The sniper's dream bit never fails to crack me up.

2 minutes ago, pittsburgh phil said:
7 minutes ago, MSU said:

The sniper's dream bit never fails to crack me up.

Bloody hell, yes.

Just watched the latest episode. That has to be one of the funniest episodes I've ever seen. Everyone was great on it. I've always loved that Bob is always on Lee Mack's team as David Mitchell interrogates him in a way that seems to bring out amazingly surreal detail. David's reaction to the egg story's reveal was hilarious. Cracking stuff.

38 minutes ago, pittsburgh phil said:

Bob Mortimer just riffing and telling stories in the pub would be the stuff of dreams!

I know. Imagine what it'd be like to be Andy Dawson on Athletico Mince, just sitting in a room with Bob for 45 minutes every week or so and pretty much your only job is to laugh. What a lucky c**t.

I absolutely agree. I was wondering around Denver airport listening to an episode a year ago and it was the first Scottish song where he said someone had "tits to spare" and I swear to God, I could not stop laughing in the middle of the airport. I had to turn it off. It dipped a little bit a few months ago but it's been getting better. And any Athletico Mince is better than no Athletico Mince.

Normally I hate it but I love the way he cracks himself up, just laughing at the stuff he's coming out with. Not many folk can pull that off. The Athletico Mince podcast is the best thing I've heard in years.
Never heard of this. What's the story?