Things that annoy or delight you on the telly right now

welshbairn

Rocky 3, whilst not the strongest in the canon has a wonderful training montage in about 5 mins. Inspiring, uplifting, homoerotic.

Go get that one dimensional Clubber Lang Rocky.

PS RIP Micky Goldmill x
The boxing in that is loltastic. An entire round of one boxer hooking another on the head. Alrighty then.

Rocky IV up now on ITV4. Where to start with this one?

RIP Apollo, heavyweight Soviet juicers, possibly the best montage in cinematic history, Robert Tepper's mighty song No Easy Way Out, Paulie being his usual dickish self, a robot butler, and the power of sport to unite two diametrically opposed nations.

Recording it as I'm watching the real boxing, ironically featuring a Russian juicer.

ETA, also featuring James Brown's Living In America. This film is high class shit.

Rocky IV is on ITV4 just now. As correctly stated earlier, it's clearly the best Rocky. Best soundtrack and best training montages as well, plus Rocky ends the Cold War.

I just saw a trailer for Creed 2. Creed was good. Creed 2 has Creed junior fighting Drago junior with Rocky and Drago senior in the respective corners. Comes out next month.

Oh and shockingly @Chicken Wing disagrees that Rocky IV is the best.

2 minutes ago, pittsburgh phil said:

Rocky IV up now on ITV4. Where to start with this one?

RIP Apollo, heavyweight Soviet juicers, possibly the best montage in cinematic history, Robert Tepper's mighty song No Easy Way Out, Paulie being his usual dickish self, a robot butler, and the power of sport to unite two diametrically opposed nations.

Recording it as I'm watching the real boxing, ironically featuring a Russian juicer.

How could you miss James Brown's brilliant appearance?

What a soundtrack. Burning Heart, Heart's On Fire, No Easy Way Out, Living In America, the training montage and the music during the fight; all exceptional.

How could you miss James Brown's brilliant appearance?
What a soundtrack. Burning Heart, Heart's On Fire, No Easy Way Out, Living In America, the training montage and the music during the fight; all exceptional.
I've turned over just to watch it. They must be the most elaborate ring entraces ever, although I remember Nazeem Hamed coming in on a 'magic carpet' for one fight [emoji4]

Just now, pittsburgh phil said:

I've turned over just to watch it. They must be the most elaborate ring entraces ever, although I remember Nazeem Hamed coming in on a 'magic carpet' for one fight emoji4.png

Such entrances should be mandatory and all rings should ascend from below 

There's no shortcut home
When my closest friend got punched to death by a robotic steroid abusing Russian I found the best release was to argue with my wife then take the old Lamborghini Countach out for a high speed drive with some tremendous 80's power ballads on my sound system.

After that I was fine.

3 minutes ago, pittsburgh phil said:

When my closest friend got punched to death by a robotic steroid abusing Russian I found the best release was to argue with my wife then take the old Lamborghini Countach out for a high speed drive with some tremendous 80's power ballads on my sound system.

After that I was fine.

Nonsense. You thought you were fine but it wasn't until your wife flew out to your remote Russian training retreat and you then started working out in a barn and running up hills that you were really fine.

Admit it.

It's true. I started feeling OK only once towed a cart up a snow covered mountain with my wife and her alcoholic abusive brother that I truly started the healing process.

After that I was fine.

I also built some powerful bridges between the US and communist Soviet Union, which was nice.

i bought the dvd of "rocky balboa" and despite being a very poor film the dvd extras were brilliant. theres a great bit with antonio tarver where he was talking about the fight scenes in the movie and he says stallone insisted they actually punched each other, but not too hard, so on camera it looked as realistic as possible. this is a previous world champion yet he says he struggled to keep up with stallones schedule and thought about dropping out. shame it was a shite film. the first was the best by far.

also little known fact that when stallone wrote the first rocky script he was offered $365,000 by united artists to buy the screenplay and cut him out. they thought he was a terrible actor. he refused as he wanted to star in it. turned out ok for him!

also thats why he wrote the sceen in rocky 2 where hes shooting the commercial. they told him he couldnt speak properly or act.

edited as i had put $1 millon dollars but after having a quick check it was actually only $365,000