Alien: Isolation

Chupacabra

Just past the first 'hurdle' if you like. No point adding spoilers as it isn't really one, just the bit when you've to make your way past the wee group. Got shot the first time. I can't say up until now I've been feeling on edge, but it's maybe because I've read reviews that say even sprinting will being the Alien down, and having sprinted everywhere up until now I've a false sense of security. I imagine my heart rate will increase once I'm finally aware of the Alien's presence. Up until now I would say Outlast was far more intense. I think because you were scared pretty early on in Outlast so you knew there was potential around every corner. Still plenty of time and I imagine once he makes his appearance I'll be cacking it. Time will tell...

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just past the first 'hurdle' if you like. No point adding spoilers as it isn't really one, just the bit when you've to make your way past the wee group. Got shot the first time. I can't say up until now I've been feeling on edge, but it's maybe because I've read reviews that say even sprinting will being the Alien down, and having sprinted everywhere up until now I've a false sense of security. I imagine my heart rate will increase once I'm finally aware of the Alien's presence. Up until now I would say Outlast was far more intense. I think because you were scared pretty early on in Outlast so you knew there was potential around every corner. Still plenty of time and I imagine once he makes his appearance I'll be cacking it. Time will tell...

Give it another 30 minutes mate. It gets pretty intense.

Mr X, on 09 Oct 2014 - 22:44, said:

Yeah it does

Finally seen the Alien. Well kind of, watched it kill my companion. Now died a few times trying to get to the lift.

How is that possible? It's only a few steps away then you wait?

As for my first death:

Like others it was when I had to put the generator off on the shady. I noticed the vent, jumped down, then made my way across to the opening and popped out, little did I know I was supposed to hide in there a bit and was instantly shot down

My first death was a little later I think. I've died many times since, the majority of them last night by the alien. On the part that others have died:

I turned off the generator and just sprinted in panic through the exit! Got one gunshot hitting me but it didn't kill. I was playing on hard at that point but have since turned it down to medium.

I'm increasingly convinced the save system couldn't work any other way. It would ruin the tension.

How is that possible? It's only a few steps away then you wait?

As for my first death:

Like others it was when I had to put the generator off on the shady. I noticed the vent, jumped down, then made my way across to the opening and popped out, little did I know I was supposed to hide in there a bit and was instantly shot down

Are you thinking of the transit where you push the button and wait for it to appear? Im talking about the elevator to get to the comms tower in the next area. The one where you walk up the stairs, get spotted, pick up their device that you have to fix, then they come searching for you. Im sure theres somewhere really obvious to hide that Ive missed!

Are you thinking of the transit where you push the button and wait for it to appear? Im talking about the elevator to get to the comms tower in the next area. The one where you walk up the stairs, get spotted, pick up their device that you have to fix, then they come searching for you. Im sure theres somewhere really obvious to hide that Ive missed!

Think you're doing it slightly wrong.

You have to go elsewhere to find the part to add to the device and then backtrack. You do have to get past that crowd, of course.

I've read some people taking them out one-by-one, but I just snuck past. I used the re-wire panel on the balcony above the lift to turn on the air purification, letting out a load of mist to obscure their vision.

To know where to go next, if you're at the lift door looking out toward the middle of the room, the exit is at the top left of the room.

Think you're doing it slightly wrong.

You have to go elsewhere to find the part to add to the device and then backtrack. You do have to get past that crowd, of course.

I've read some people taking them out one-by-one, but I just snuck past. I used the re-wire panel on the balcony above the lift to turn on the air purification, letting out a load of mist to obscure their vision.

To know where to go next, if you're at the lift door looking out toward the middle of the room, the exit is at the top left of the room.

Thats kind of what I thought but ...

I thought they might have given up if I avoided them for long enough

There's a Youtube channel called 'Other Places' which basically just shows different game worlds in all their glory. They did one on the Nostromo and I must admit it looks wonderful.

They've also done one on the Sevastopol but it contains environmental spoilers so I won't post it here.

Managed to sit down for a good bit last night, and it is the most tense I've felt playing a game.

It's not really a spoiler, but I've now picked up my movement tracker, and it's a great game device. As soon as it starts to beep, I start to brick it, and scurry around looking for a locker to hide in.

I've met the alien in the cut-scene and s*** it when it uncoils from the roof tile in the room. I scurried off to the right and hid in a locker for a while.

I was trying to leave that area, and I became convinced the game designers would have it sneaking behind as you leave, but I was too much of a s****-bag to look behind me, and ended up walking all the way up the stairs without looking back.

I'm now stuck on a bit trying to get round the Working Joes who are creepy as anything, especially their glowing eyes in the dark. They keep catching me and giving me a kicking.

Managed to sit down for a good bit last night, and it is the most tense I've felt playing a game.

It's not really a spoiler, but I've now picked up my movement tracker, and it's a great game device. As soon as it starts to beep, I start to brick it, and scurry around looking for a locker to hide in.

I've met the alien in the cut-scene and s*** it when it uncoils from the roof tile in the room. I scurried off to the right and hid in a locker for a while.

I was trying to leave that area, and I became convinced the game designers would have it sneaking behind as you leave, but I was too much of a s****-bag to look behind me, and ended up walking all the way up the stairs without looking back.

I'm now stuck on a bit trying to get round the Working Joes who are creepy as anything, especially their glowing eyes in the dark. They keep catching me and giving me a kicking.

The motion tracker is so finely balanced, by not being able to focus on both it and the background.

It's a superb game from what I've played so far. My favourite this year, not including The Last of Us. It's not a 10/10 masterpiece, because games like TLOU and Bioshock have raised the bar. But a stealth game with a rich, thick atmosphere, tonnes of detail and non-stop tension ticks all the boxes for me

I shouldn't be surprised IGN wouldn't 'get' the game - I just can't trust their reviews. If Stan genuinely relies on their reviews then I suggest picking up Edge and/or GamesTM.

S*** got real for me too last night :lol:

It's such an awesome game. Loving it.

I've now met the alien properly. I've got to try and get a code and id pass.

I'm stuck in the medical bay with the alien walking around.

My first death I was hiding under a bed thinking it wouldn't see me, it turned a corner and launched at me. There is nothing to be done once it finds you.

My best survival was cowering behind a desk in a tiny office and I took out my motion tracker which the alien heard and walked into this tiny room. I was able to crawl under the desk just as the alien peered round. As it left the room, I was able to duck out and jump into a small locker.

I'll need to spend some time tonight trying to get past this bit, but keep getting killed when checking out the rooms for the id pass.

I can see why people complain about the save system as I could do with a save point during this long section.

My first death I was hiding under a bed thinking it wouldn't see me, it turned a corner and launched at me. There is nothing to be done once it finds you.

My best survival was cowering behind a desk in a tiny office and I took out my motion tracker which the alien heard and walked into this tiny room. I was able to crawl under the desk just as the alien peered round. As it left the room, I was able to duck out and jump into a small locker.

I'll need to spend some time tonight trying to get past this bit, but keep getting killed when checking out the rooms for the id pass.

I can see why people complain about the save system as I could do with a save point during this long section.

ive seen a video of this part on youtube and the guy does die quite a lot lol, prepare for some trial error and death :lol:

I was too busy over the weekend to play this and won't get a chance probably until a week tonight. Gasping to play it again, it's such a good game.

There's the save station in the day room if I remember, which is bang in the middle of that area. But it's probably the section that the alien patrols the most, because from there it can see a lot of the map.

What helped me was finding a room with a re-wire panel, which you can use to power up the underfloor vent system. It keeps you well hidden, but they're a bugger to come out of without being able to see where the alien is!

Archived