F1 2014

deano67

Still hideous.

I think every one so far has been awful, I understand the safety side of things but surely the new noses increase the chances of going underneath another car in a crash from the back or flipping the other car if from the side.

The Ferraris' hump reminds me of this..

post-39291-13906773188073_thumb.jpg

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has their ever been such a varied collection of designs? Most cars look fairly similar apparently from a few wee tweaks here and there from what I can remember, this year they all seem to be quite obviously different

Can someone explain to a non F1 fanatic why most of the teams have gone with the penis whereas Ferrari hasn't?

Simply because there's more than one way to skin a cat.

The rules say the nose must be no more than a certain height from the ground but the car goes faster (for various boring reasons) when the nose is higher off the ground. Therefore they've kept the main part of the nose as high as possible and added a penis to conform to the regs.

Ferrari and Mercedes probably think their design will probably generate more downforce by using the air around the front wing differently.

Does that help or make sense?

Simply because there's more than one way to skin a cat.

The rules say the nose must be no more than a certain height from the ground but the car goes faster (for various boring reasons) when the nose is higher off the ground. Therefore they've kept the main part of the nose as high as possible and added a penis to conform to the regs.

Ferrari and Mercedes probably think their design will probably generate more downforce by using the air around the front wing differently.

Does that help or make sense?

Got you.

I tend to think there's some kind of collusion - like when Celtic and Rangers both released kits with the sponsor under the badge rather than across the chest. So if half a dozen teams think - oh, this phallic look is the way to go - then Ferrari go and do something radically different, I tend to think one is correct and one is wrong.

Archived