Brian Colvin has never really come up on my shite ref radar but his performance today was possibly one of the worst I have ever seen ( and I have seen many utterly incompetent refereeing displays in my time).

Has this guy just fucked up today or does he , like a few other, have "form"???

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Forfar v Livingston season 2009/10 up at Station Park he was awesome. First time I've heard Dick Campbell speechless.

Seen some shameless refereeing performances up here over the years. Brian Cassidy, Eddie Mack, Ian Frickleton and Scott MacDonald take some beating but Colvin is top of the present day lot.

Get rid of all the refs and let the fans referee the game, IMO.

It's clear that the OP knows much more about refereeing than someone who has been refereeing for over a decade.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/home-crowd-disagrees-with-refs-call-but-respects-h,34864/

That's great but he got all at least 2 of the red cards wrong (Stevensons being the questionable 3rd) and both penalties wrong. The first one was barely even a foul outside the box where it took place.

Yeah and get rid of players whilst fans have the temerity to complain about them, despite being worse at football.

Ban people slagging off films unless they've professional produced a motion picture.

Etc, etc.

:1eye

Erm, what? When do referees ever get anything but ludicrous criticism?

Have fans ever been happy with the quality of refereeing? Will they ever be happy? No? Maybe they are the problem, not the referees.

That's great but he got all at least 2 of the red cards wrong (Stevensons being the questionable 3rd) and both penalties wrong. The first one was barely even a foul outside the box where it took place.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/home-crowd-disagrees-with-refs-call-but-respects-h,34864/

Think the highlights show Nigel was pushed off balance but on the edge of the box. He lost his balance inside.

On reflection Anderson had to go if the rules are followed to the letter.

Stevenson and Mannus were stupid having hands round each others shoulders/neck area, but still, book them.

Probably Mannus going off earned the draw for Hearts.

This game won't define the season for either side, but it's a long time since I've witnessed a game so packed full of incidents.

That's twice you've made a massive pissflap of yourself posting a link to the self proclaimed satirical news site. Well in, champ.

Erm, what? What the f**k does that have to do with anything? :lol:

Of course it's a fucking satirical news site (did you not know that?!) but it's a perfect example of the kind of thing that should happen in a normal society. Of course, fans would much rather make raging arses of themselves and insist they definitely know more about refereeing than professional referees, more about the law than lawyers and more about medicine than doctors. And those of us with some perspective will point out this ludicrous view.

The copying of VikingTon patter at the end makes this an especially terrible post. I hope you're deeply ashamed of it.

In the wrong on what?

The fact is that in any other country a referee would be demoted for the performance Brian Colvin served up today. With this being Scotland though he'll be reffing top flight football next weekend.

The reason I am not entering a lengthy debate with you is because I know that you don't believe a word that you type and merely post it to seem controversial like an attention junkie.

Think the highlights show Nigel was pushed off balance but on the edge of the box. He lost his balance inside.

On reflection Anderson had to go if the rules are followed to the letter.

Stevenson and Mannus were stupid having hands round each others shoulders/neck area, but still, book them.

Probably Mannus going off earned the draw for Hearts.

This game won't define the season for either side, but it's a long time since I've witnessed a game so packed full of incidents.

Yeah. I'm only going by the highlights and the referee doesn't cover himself in glory, but you pretty much sum up my thoughts.

Hasselbaink should be a free kick, as the push is outside the box. The first St Johnstone red card it looks like the Hearts player could have been through on goal, so by letter of the law a red but we have seen yellow cards for incidents so far out.

The second St Johnstone penalty for me isn't a penalty. The St Johnstone player flicks it back over his head- the Hearts player is right at his back and can't react. Yes it hits him on the arm, but I don't see what on earth he could have done to get out the way of it. Not sure that is deliberate handball.

Mannus and Stevenson is handbags, yellow would have been enough but referee could easily justify 2 reds.

Name a referee you think is good, then there would be a point to these threads.

The problem with how referees are judged is that fact that fans get caught up with decisions one way or another, where as those in charge of referees know that mistakes will be made in this department, but tend to look at how they generally interpret the laws in place and the interactions they have with players and managers.

Players pretty much do the same. You'll never speak to a footballer and hear them say, "he's a shite ref because of this decision or that decision" (barring a few glaring exceptions). They judge them on how they interact with the players and how they explain their decisions on the park. Something which supporters and, perhaps more crucially, the media are not privy to.

Archived