The New Stadiums Thread

jamamafegan

Not exactly sure if this is on here already and I'm definitely not sure I would be keen on taking a ticket either:

topelement.jpg

Russia's answer to increasing the capacity at the Jekaterinberg Stadium for the World Cup next year.

Edited by Ross.

Not exactly sure if this is on here already and I'm definitely not sure I would be keen on taking a ticket either:
topelement.jpg
Russia's answer to increasing the capacity at the Jekaterinberg Stadium for the World Cup next year.

Same behind the other goal as well I believe

7 hours ago, Ross. said:

topelement.jpg

What could possibly go wrong?

8 hours ago, Ross. said:

topelement.jpg

That seems like a very Russian half-assed solution to a problem.  

11 hours ago, Ross. said:

topelement.jpg

That monstrosity would not get a safety certificate in this country.  

I'm amazed that FIFA has approved it but money talks very loudly in football!

146a25e1985eaf1f5acdaf3eac72fc7c

17302876.jpg

In both cases there appear to be access tunnels partway down the stand. Do we know there are only toilets and serveries on the ground, or is there any intermediate deck? There are monster stands here e.g. at Newcastle:

stjamespark_top.jpg

Edited by HibeeJibee

I highly doubt the top half of the stand will be used, it'll be purely for number of seats. All the wee sweetie wives having a meltdown over safety can probably relax about the chances of folk plummeting 100ft

That monstrosity would not get a safety certificate in this country.  
I'm amazed that FIFA has approved it but money talks very loudly in football!

The closest thing to it here is the old and new temporary stadia for the Edinburgh Tatoo

9229e364d4b6799c42462576c36bf1f1.jpg2ad81c91c14e7e49c2a4306ac3cba315.jpg

Although the Yekaterinburg one isn't cantilevered on the top of a hill to overhang a sheer drop

didn't catch that on my last    only visit to ET .  

reminds me of one of the building sites I was on and had to agree a detail which meant going to the top corner edge of the scaffold. while I had years of working at heights I didn't fancy being there long. Not sure how people not used to working at heights will cope, vertigo attack and then need to crawl out, hope the pubs aren't shut by the time they make it to safety.

Puts in perspective the feeling from the Ibrox upper deck fronts! 

topelement.jpg

What could possibly go wrong?

Would be scary sitting up there in high winds.

We're now looking at the prospect of the New Nou Mestalla, good contest between Aberdeen and Valencia to see who can get the stadium built first.

http://en.valenciacf.com/ver/74635/un-proyecto-renovado-para-el-nuevo-estadio-con-el-aficionado-en-el-centro-de-las-prioridades.html

Eventually! They've been planning that for what, over a decade? Certainly back when they were Champions League regulars.

The global economic crisis hit them at just the wrong time

The basic concrete bowl has been in place for 10 years

http://stadiumdb.com/news/2016/11/valencia_new_mestalla_wont_be_ready_for_centenary

There was a Scottish, Hearts supporting, US based  journo on the radio at some God forsaken hour a few days ago talking about the Jekaterinberg Stadium. I was admittedly half asleep at the time but I picked up that they were plodding on building the stadium when it was realised it was going to be too small a capacity for the World Cup. They then decided to knock chunks out of the perimeter wall to add the temporary stands to make up the numbers. If I got it right then it's a tad ridiculous even for the Russians. 

15 minutes ago, 7-2 said:

There was a Scottish, Hearts supporting, US based  journo on the radio at some God forsaken hour a few days ago talking about the Jekaterinberg Stadium. I was admittedly half asleep at the time but I picked up that they were plodding on building the stadium when it was realised it was going to be too small a capacity for the World Cup. They then decided to knock chunks out of the perimeter wall to add the temporary stands to make up the numbers. If I got it right then it's a tad ridiculous even for the Russians. 

Mark Donaldson?