Eurovision

Sooky

Apart from the Croatia song the only ones that really stood out were Finland for the slight comedy value and Ireland for the obvious reasons.

Not that bothered by any of the ones not making it through, apart from maybe Poland. Hopefully the 2nd semi is a bit better

Missed last night with the play offs taking abvious priority so it’s been good to catch up on the thread today. 

Having just watched all the acts of semi final 1 I have to say the public need a swift kick in the hole for some of the shite they put through last night. Iceland’s effort was decent and really felt Poland were unlucky especially when you consider the garbage they churned out last year that made it. 

Bambi Thug was far better last night and I think they are a stick on to do well, it will be hit and miss with no in between but will get loads of attention. 

Finalnd and Croatia probably the two standouts last night although the Finland one didn’t do it for me. Croatia I have absolute no doubts are winning it this year and I have no arguments about that it just isn’t in my list of top songs.

As for me I was worried how Isaak would sound live but damn that boy can sing and I really like the song. I don’t think he will get anywhere but I hope he does really well. If Slimane can sound anywhere near as good live too he will be my worthy favourite along with Germany. 

Again more worrying vibes coming out of the the Dutch rehearsal performances but if it can be anything close to how it sounds in the video I want that to win as it’s everything I see Eurovision being about and it’s grown on me so so much 

1 minute ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Am I the only one who fucking hates that Croatia song?

It’s not my cup of tea but can see why it’s doing well in the betting etc.

Im late to the party this year as i've usually had a good listen to all the tracks prior to the semi's starting then sit an complain that the live performances are completely different to the video / audio tracks released prior to the event.

So far both Croatia and Ireland have changed so the songs are "louder" than the original versions. The Croatia song is more of a catchy number on the videos' and they have turned it into a more incoherent rock songs, the lyrics are actually quite good but you can hardly make anything out other than the chorus on the live version. My daughter is a big Poppy fan and the Ireland song is quite similar to some of her stuff, so thought it was ok, but again the live version pushes it OTT.

Croatia was my favourite, Finland is the comedy effort but still decent, I quite liked both France, Czech, Denmark so hoping they come across ok.

I think Estonia could be outside bets, as its a catchy tune, and if they get the live performance right it will do well, along with Norway who should pick up the rock vote and probably my favourite of this years entries along with Croatia.

So im going for a top 5 of

Croatia,

Norway

France

Estonia

Czechia

Although i reserve the right to change it if some of these dont translate well during tonights semi.

I quite like the Czechia song, but it probably won't do well. Not quite as strong as Maneskin's effort, although it's not bad at all.

Croatia the favourite with that nonsense about rimming Tim. Windows 95 Man is just flat out nuts. As is the Irish entry.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

image.png.cd957a2172d180b70f95c2b94b2f7e3e.png

Wait...did I just imagine the EBU banning Russia in 2022 then revoking EBU membership for going to war with Ukraine?

The ban wasn't for the war. The ban was for Russia violating EBU rules on media freedom (not saying they're not hypocrites, but purely based on that, the ban is justifiable).

Edited by Marten

5 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

image.png.cd957a2172d180b70f95c2b94b2f7e3e.png

Wait...did I just imagine the EBU banning Russia in 2022 then revoking EBU membership for going to war with Ukraine?

The EBU have been tying themselves in knots for months regarding Israel and made an absolute arse of things at every single turn.

The crowd were having none of it during Israel’s performance at the rehearsal show last night - look out for the crowd being muted for the semi final.

Well, tonight time for me to be embarrassed of being Dutch again. Our song is just awful (and that's not because of the political, pro-EU, message in it as I agree with that).

15 minutes ago, Groundhopping Adventures said:

Guaranteed top 5

No chance. I'm not even convinced it will reach the final. Just such a bad song.