Eurovision

Sooky

I'm glad Australia missed out. Forgive me for being old fashioned but, given it is called Eurovision, I'd much rather the winner was actually from Europe.

A non European nation entering with a Korean born singer as well, they stretched it a bit far this year!

Worst winning song ever, I said at the start to the gf though, either go out all pop or sing about your dead Gran and your guaranteed to win.

• 8 months later...
37 minutes ago, Sooky said:

It's not going to be our year, lads. Here are the 6 songs going to the live show on BBC Two this Saturday. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08c7bxx/clips

I take it the budget for writing, recording, producing and singing is £5 all in and a studio is hired for a few hours for all 6 songs as they are really dire with some atrociously banal lyrics. Cliqued bullshit produced in the exact same way for each of them.  Send a prerecorded video with a message of apology to Ukraine and save us the cost of turning up.

20 minutes ago, meanmistermustard said:

I take it the budget for writing, recording, producing and singing is £5 all in and a studio is hired for a few hours for all 6 songs as they are really dire with some atrociously banal lyrics. Cliqued bullshit produced in the exact same way for each of them.  Send a prerecorded video with a message of apology to Ukraine and save us the cost of turning up.

For all the great stuff they produce, such as dramas and documentaries, the BBC are really shite at entertainment and clearly don't shove much money into finding an act. For all their faults, I think I'd be quite pleased if ITV got a shot at this at some point.

This is the UK entry.

25 year old Lucie Jones, from Wales.  She got to week 5 of the live shows on the X Factor in 2009.

From Wiki:

The X Factor
Jones auditioned for series 6 of The X Factor UK with the song "I Will Always Love You". She advanced to the live shows, and in week one, performed "Footprints in the Sand". She was eliminated in week five, in a final showdown against John & Edward. After her elimination, 1,113 viewers complained to ITV about the vote being rigged in John & Edward's favour.

Think Lucie was the best of the six, though that's not saying much. The 2 men in particular were awful!

Think it needs some drums chucked in, it could do with a little oomph. Also, I don't know if it was the same last year, but we've picked really early this year. Only a handful of other nations have announced theirs.

• 3 weeks later...