Eurovision

Sooky

Given that former colonies always vote for their former rulers, we are guaranteed 12 from the convicts here.

That plus all the soviets currently hating Russia, and there being no chance of the Germans giving Greece anything means we could be in with a chance of a top 10.

I can't see any outstanding favourites, but considering there are loads of Russian speakers and loyalists in ex-soviet countries they've probably got a good chance. Sickly song though. UK don't have a lot of competition so hope you're right.

My favourite has never won in thirty-odd years, so bye-bye Israel.

It'll be Russia, because they're favourites and I fucking hated it. Sorry.

Definitely not as many memorable or good songs as last year. Disappointing.

Ours has the benefit that it is one of the few up tempo numbers this year. But it definitely didn't translate as well in the live performance as it does in the video. Quite like it, but didn't think the performance was all that great.

From the favourites - prefer the Russian number to the Swedish. Italy was a bore fest. Israel was quality. Australia - hated when I first heard it but it was a grower. Definitely a polished performance and they'll get a few votes from the novelty of them being there, won't win though (would be good if they did as we'd likely host it for them you'd have to assume?)

Edited by Jamie_M

Disappointed that none of the contestants were spirited away to an Austrian basement TBH.

What's up the modern Eurovision thing of female singers pretending to be sorceresses? De Gea's wife was all over that tonight, with the wide hand movements. I keep expecting them to summon fireballs from their palms.

Definitely not as many memorable or god songs as last year. Disappointing.

Ours has the benefit that it is one of the few up tempo numbers this year. But it definitely didn't translate as well in the live performance as it does in the video. Quite like it, but didn't think the performance was all that great.

From the favourites - prefer the Russian number to the Swedish. Italy was a bore fest. Israel was quality. Australia - hated when I first heard it but it was a grower. Definitely a polished performance and they'll get a few votes from the novelty of them being there, won't win though (would be good if they did as we'd likely host it for them you'd have to assume?)

I think that you have wandered onto The Songs Of Praise thread.

Would be utterly disappointed in the Aussies' trolling skills if they didn't award it to the most inhospitable and difficult-to-reach country available TBH.