The Alloa Athletic Thread

A club legend and a solid defender throughout our journey up the leagues. A bit limited at going forward and on initial thoughts I think the Premiership will be a league too far for him. If he focuses on being a defender and not a bombing up the wings right back then I think he might be ok. All the best to him.

Tbh I think that the step up might be one to far too, pacey and can defend but I think the fact he's so likable has blinkered fans views aswell. I would've thought livi would be about his level.

Must admit I was the first to be a bit cynical when he didn't sign on again at the start of January there as I thought he was off to Livi or someone like that but absolute chuffed to bits for him now.

When we first come into this league I felt he struggled to adapt and maybe thought this level was a step to far for him but he improved majorly as time went on and has been pretty much solid for us for the last season and a half IMO.

An absolute gem of a guy as well and probably a good guy to have around the changing room. All the best Doyley!!

Not totally convinced about Doyley in the top flight, the lack of an end product after his lung bursting runs could be an issue. He also made more defensive slips in the Championship than in the lower leagues. A tremendous worker though, strong and direct and will give everything. I hope he nails it.

Not totally convinced about Doyley in the top flight, the lack of an end product after his lung bursting runs could be an issue. He also made more defensive slips in the Championship than in the lower leagues. A tremendous worker though, strong and direct and will give everything. I hope he nails it.

This.

Strong rumours the Tulloch Institute round the corner were triple glazing their windows this afternoon.

Probs not cut out for the prem and woeful in cup final.

Yes, poor in that game (as fruitbowl rightly says along with 10 others) but one bad game doesnt define him.

He had strong outings against Hearts, Hibs and Rangers last season and was brilliant up at Aberdeen when we played them in the League Cup a couple of years back. So on his day he can cut it against teams of that level- jury out on whether he can do it on a regular basis, but a great opportunity for him.

We won 3-0 this morning away to Olympique Lion (Livi). Stephen Muir, Sean Black x2 with the goals. Also sporting our freshly printed white away tops.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1454773043.564765.jpg

Look at those gorgeous, pristine visions of perfection.

Kits ain't bad either. Those look nicer than our Petrofac final strip.

We won 3-0 this morning away to Olympique Lion (Livi). Stephen Muir, Sean Black x2 with the goals. Also sporting our freshly printed white away tops.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1454773043.564765.jpg

Front left 3 should stop wasting a haircut and donate it to front right 2.