The Alloa Athletic Thread

Caddis signed just as PH was departing and our season began to stall. To me he looked like a young player who struggled to handle that dynamic. Still looked a decent player. The build up to the third goal against Falkirk was quality, although the miss at TFS was a bit hard to bear.

I think that's a fair assessment fruitbowl, not an easy task for a young player to come in and turn things around at that particular moment. I think we saw the impact Kevin Moon made the season before (albeit a league below) and we were maybe expecting something similar- and perhaps that was a bit unfair on the boy.

Nothing to do with his performances, but what immediately springs to mind for me in a bit of a negative light was the aftermath of the last game of that season at Falkirk- when I was on the pitch celebrating wildly with some of the players and I noticed Caddis was strolling around barely even cracking a smile. There may have been reasons for that of course- it was his final game for the club, and he was maybe a bit disappointed he missed that glaring chance in the game. I just thought that he could have at least looked a wee bit happier.

I think that's a fair assessment fruitbowl, not an easy task for a young player to come in and turn things around at that particular moment. I think we saw the impact Kevin Moon made the season before (albeit a league below) and we were maybe expecting something similar- and perhaps that was a bit unfair on the boy.

Nothing to do with his performances, but what immediately springs to mind for me in a bit of a negative light was the aftermath of the last game of that season at Falkirk- when I was on the pitch celebrating wildly with some of the players and I noticed Caddis was strolling around barely even cracking a smile. There may have been reasons for that of course- it was his final game for the club, and he was maybe a bit disappointed he missed that glaring chance in the game. I just thought that he could have at least looked a wee bit happier.

I wasn't impressed by Caddis during that loan spell. I accept the point that it's not easy for young players to come into a struggling team but on the occasions I saw Caddis play for Alloa he looked like his heart wasn't in it. Recall him pulling out of 50/50 challenges and generally looking like he didn't want to be there. Maybe I'm doing the boy a disservice and if he does end up coming back then perhaps Jack Ross will be able to get more out of him. No great disappointment for me though if we have missed out on him.

when I was on the pitch celebrating wildly with some of the players and I noticed Caddis was strolling around barely even cracking a smile.

Probably his way of avoiding eye contact, I mean have you looked at the pictures again.

Sadly I did not keep the faith. I was walking up to my car parked in the industrial estate when a car with an Alloa scarf flying from the window went by. So quickly onto the car radio and a happy journey home. Must have been one of the highlights of all time to still have been in the stadium as Sir Bob did his bit.

Probably his way of avoiding eye contact, I mean have you looked at the pictures again.

Sadly I did not keep the faith. I was walking up to my car parked in the industrial estate when a car with an Alloa scarf flying from the window went by. So quickly onto the car radio and a happy journey home. Must have been one of the highlights of all time to still have been in the stadium as Sir Bob did his bit.

Yes, it was fairly good :lol: Lots of madness.

So, what's our sum total for the transfer window?

Did we really only have McKenna for a month? :huh:

There will likely be a few players who have been released and who still don't have clubs. So still the opportunity to bring a couple in.

And I think we still have one loan - Father Barry will be able to confirm.

McKenna was recalled after Aberdeen sold one of their defenders in the January window. He was only an emergency loan anyway.

In- Mitch Megginson, Scott Gallacher

Out- Andy McNeil, Catalin Paun, Michael Doyle

Loans extended- Michael Duffy, Robbie Crawford.

Still expecting activity in the next week or so, manager looking to the free transfer market. We have a free weekend so there's still time there.

There will likely be a few players who have been released and who still don't have clubs. So still the opportunity to bring a couple in.

And I think we still have one loan - Father Barry will be able to confirm.

I believe emergency loans dont count, so we still have 2 remaining.