The Alloa Athletic Thread

It'd be good if they were. I wouldn't mind keeping all 3 of our current centre backs and hopefully add one more option. Not sure if Devine's injuries might put us off signing him up again.

Neill probably most important to keep out the three if it came to it. He's worked well with both Devine and McKay. He had a bit of a shaky start with us but he's nailed down his place in the team.

Given the talk on the match thread about how many tickets Falkirk have sold and them potentially "making more available" to home fans, I went down to TFS just now to get one for the away section.

Looks like we just have one section (F) out of six, although the girl who served me wasn't sure. 

Think the window will be a big rest for Andy. He has to potentially sit down with the likes of Robbo, Kev, Cammy, guys he's played alongside for years and tell them they aren't getting a new deal. 

I wonder if Sammon will retire at the end of the season or if he'll keep playing. He seems fit enough to keep playing.

44 minutes ago, Rory said:

Think the window will be a big rest for Andy. He has to potentially sit down with the likes of Robbo, Kev, Cammy, guys he's played alongside for years and tell them they aren't getting a new deal. 

I wonder if Sammon will retire at the end of the season or if he'll keep playing. He seems fit enough to keep playing.

Robbo and Kev will get offered deals IMO. They both showed on Saturday they are still very good players.

Cammy is a more difficult. We would all love to see him kick on, but he just hasn't done that consistently enough for me. He's not a full back and, despite doing OK there, isn't the answer going forwards. He hasn't ever had many games in his natural central midfielder role and that to me means managers don't think he's good enough there. As you say, it would be difficult to tell him (or the other two) he's being released.

Yeah, I'd say Sammo was still fit enough. I expect we'll offer him a deal - he seems to be a good guy to have around. Maybe Andy will get him involved in coaching too.  

35 minutes ago, printer said:

Robbo and Kev will get offered deals IMO. They both showed on Saturday they are still very good players.

Cammy is a more difficult. We would all love to see him kick on, but he just hasn't done that consistently enough for me. He's not a full back and, despite doing OK there, isn't the answer going forwards. He hasn't ever had many games in his natural central midfielder role and that to me means managers don't think he's good enough there. As you say, it would be difficult to tell him (or the other two) he's being released.

Yeah, I'd say Sammo was still fit enough. I expect we'll offer him a deal - he seems to be a good guy to have around. Maybe Andy will get him involved in coaching too.  

I think they will get offered contracts (Robbo and Kev) I think Cammy may but with Ethan taking what would of been Cammys position it may of halted that. And when ever Deveney comes back may be even harder for Cammy to get in the squad. He has been played out of position for a number of years now and been here for a number of years and been through the youth teams which may make it uncomfortable for Andy to let him go. I'm sure Sammo has a coaching role at Stenhousemuir (youth) so will be interested in coaching after his playing career. Think he is still a fit player even in his latter years so interesting to see if he signs on , signs elsewhere or retires 

On 23/04/2024 at 11:36, KierenAAFC said:

🏆 | Alloa Athletic Supporter’s Player of the Year Awards Night.

Voting is now open for supporter’s to vote for their Player of the Year and Goal of the Season. 

Tickets available now, includes an evening with the team, buffet, and raffle. 

Vote Now ➡️ https://forms.gle/sKXmLHoTkK7tnuAQA

C35469A1-893D-4E0A-ACB0-6ED0870E39E2.png

This will close at 7pm today, for any last minute votes or shares.

Pretty tight I must say! 

18 hours ago, printer said:

Given the talk on the match thread about how many tickets Falkirk have sold and them potentially "making more available" to home fans, I went down to TFS just now to get one for the away section.

Looks like we just have one section (F) out of six, although the girl who served me wasn't sure. 

There's plenty. 

https://www.alloaathletic.co.uk/event/falkirk-v-alloa-athletic-5/

Is there no Pod cast from you guys this week. Have enjoyed listening to it in the past and want to hear what is being said about Saturday and your upcoming play off games. 

40 minutes ago, Double t said:

Is there no Pod cast from you guys this week. Have enjoyed listening to it in the past and want to hear what is being said about Saturday and your upcoming play off games. 

Should be recorded and out this evening but can’t think there will be much about this Saturday in all honesty!

2 hours ago, Double t said:

Had tried to get Sean Elderbrant on but unfortunately, timing didn’t work. Kev and I starting new jobs at the same time means still finding new routines to record. 

Maybe get him on for a full League 1 season review! 👍

1 minute ago, Kevchenko said:

Episode is now up covering off the win at Cove, this weeks' contracts announcements, player of the year, a couple of dead rubbers and then finishing with a short preview of next Tuesday's first leg of the playoff semi final.

https://waspsnest.buzzsprout.com

Well I've missed this post over the last few weeks...

Same old faces i imagine but less in total , 

23 minutes ago, printer said:

Unless anyone is banned? 🤔🙂

hmmm might be easy to enforce in this case  , Free speech for all !  😷

1 hour ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

Stirling vs Annan for me

You'll enjoy the ninety minutes more than any Stirling or Annan fans. 

By the looks of the squad yesterday we should have everyone except Deveney available for the playoffs which is a big change from last year.

It's good to have Stevie back but I'd still like Miko and Roberts to start on Tuesday. 

Think Sammon showed yesterday he's worth signing for another season, don't see him being a first choice but he's a good option off the bench if we need a goal. Same with Ogayi but he might have ambitions to be a first choice keeper.