The Alloa Athletic Thread

5 minutes ago, Rory said:

By the looks of the squad yesterday we should have everyone except Deveney available for the playoffs which is a big change from last year.

It's good to have Stevie back but I'd still like Miko and Roberts to start on Tuesday. 

Think Sammon showed yesterday he's worth signing for another season, don't see him being a first choice but he's a good option off the bench if we need a goal. Same with Ogayi but he might have ambitions to be a first choice keeper.

They are the partnership on possession and I expect them to start. 

Hope we keep Sammo. He was excellent yesterday and worth having in the squad.

Think Andy has managed us through these two "dead rubbers" really well, striking the balance between giving game time/ resting key players and remaining competitive perfectly. Hamilton are clearly favourites to reach the final, but we've got a decent chance I feel.

No injuries at all , the whole squad ready and well up for it,  All abstaining from the demon drink last night ,All the pressure is on the Accies IMO .

they are expected to go into the final and are favourites but we have more than held our own against them 

looking forward to it 

24 minutes ago, robwasp22 said:

Will the playoff fixtures be included on the season ticket?

Not a thing on the club media with only two days to go makes me think it will be as the season ticket terms and conditions 

season tickets will be valid for pre season friendlies and all league 1 matches  ,    looks like we may have to pay .  🤔

2 hours ago, printer said:

Think Andy has managed us through these two "dead rubbers" really well, striking the balance between giving game time/ resting key players and remaining competitive perfectly. Hamilton are clearly favourites to reach the final, but we've got a decent chance I feel.

Was always going to happen but thought really good leadership to pull the boots on for 90 minutes.

It’s no secret that he doesn’t want to play anymore and doesn’t train as much. However, willing to play 90 minutes against the best team in the league and let his team have a rest. 

Not many managers have the opportunity to literally get on the park and help his team like that. Could’ve been easy to just keep on the side. He’ll fight for his team and equally, they’ll go above and beyond for him.

Now, 255 Alloa appearances. Proper leader and legend.

57 minutes ago, Vegetableman said:

Not a thing on the club media with only two days to go makes me think it will be as the season ticket terms and conditions 

season tickets will be valid for pre season friendlies and all league 1 matches  ,    looks like we may have to pay .  🤔

Nah I'll put something out on Monday. It's honestly been overlooked but I'd be surprised if we don't do the same as the other years.

57 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

Nah I'll put something out on Monday. It's honestly been overlooked but I'd be surprised if we don't do the same as the other years.

You been upsetting some Falkirk fans on Twitter? 🙂

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, printer said:

You been upsetting some Falkirk fans on Twitter? 🙂

We demand the original audio commentary for the penalty is released.

Hetherington doing what he does best for our first goal. All the best in the playoffs.

IMG_8541.jpeg

Edited by FFC 1876

How did the players night go? Will the winners be put out on twitter and Facebook?

Will be a bit of a loss for the club  with Falkirk and Stirling gone (assuming we don't win the play offs!) but hopefully it will mean the wee fannies who are just at the game to cause trouble won't be back.

20 minutes ago, Rory said:

How did the players night go? Will the winners be put out on twitter and Facebook?

Will be a bit of a loss for the club  with Falkirk and Stirling gone (assuming we don't win the play offs!) but hopefully it will mean the wee fannies who are just at the game to cause trouble won't be back.

Never went but did the voting poll.

Supporter’s POTY was Bobby Wales. After 700-odd votes, it was the different of 2 votes from 2nd.

Advertiser POTY was Kurtis Roberts. 

Goal, also Kurtis against Accies.

Not given last night but Kurtis also swooped the Directors. Taylor Steven Director’s Young POTY.

3 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

We demand the original audio commentary for the penalty is released.

Hetherington doing what he does best for our first goal. All the best in the playoffs.

IMG_8541.jpeg

The original commentary thought it was a handball in real time. Didn't look at the second look for a few minutes because there was that long stoppage with the ball boys at that point if I remember quickly. I stopped the local recording to look at the footage because Andy kept arguing and he's usually quite a fair judge. Forgot to turn it back on. So the commentary from 85 minutes on is lost to the ether. However I got the frame that was shared on twitter and thought that was the point of contact. It wasn't. I text Andy Graham after the game to ask if we'd all collectively imagined it.

Andy's exact text message "no handball Alfie jumped into my shoulder and arm."

I blame VLC player having a next frame but not a frame backwards. It's difficult to follow the ball, commentate on it and also edit a video solo so picked the wrong frame 0/1 as the VAR would say and thought it was better to add the post edit edit to explain it from Andy's perspective. To be fair to him it looks like one of those 'knee reflexive taps' but on his elbow.

42 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

The original commentary thought it was a handball in real time. Didn't look at the second look for a few minutes because there was that long stoppage with the ball boys at that point if I remember quickly. I stopped the local recording to look at the footage because Andy kept arguing and he's usually quite a fair judge. Forgot to turn it back on. So the commentary from 85 minutes on is lost to the ether. However I got the frame that was shared on twitter and thought that was the point of contact. It wasn't. I text Andy Graham after the game to ask if we'd all collectively imagined it.

Andy's exact text message "no handball Alfie jumped into my shoulder and arm."

I blame VLC player having a next frame but not a frame backwards. It's difficult to follow the ball, commentate on it and also edit a video solo so picked the wrong frame 0/1 as the VAR would say and thought it was better to add the post edit edit to explain it from Andy's perspective. To be fair to him it looks like one of those 'knee reflexive taps' but on his elbow.

Why is Alfie jumping into Andy's shoulder evidence it wasn't a handball? 

8 hours ago, robwasp22 said:

Will the playoff fixtures be included on the season ticket?

Just checked the website and it says season tickets are valid for the playoffs 

Posted (edited)

One thing that we are in much better shape in compared to the play-offs last year is the squad depth, and the starting XI. I'm so grateful that it's a full squad this year (all be it without Deveney) and probably our strongest XI compared to last years ccatastrophe which gives me good confidence going into the play-offs

Edited by LoganAAFC

On 05/05/2024 at 09:28, printer said:

They are the partnership on possession and I expect them to start. 

Hope we keep Sammo. He was excellent yesterday and worth having in the squad.

Agree with this, think Andy did a great job in giving some players a rest and others much needed game time, while at the same time keeping us really competitive in both games. We go into these games in good shape. 

A few big calls to make. There's been an ongoing debate about CB and the feeling that Neill and Mackay is perhaps the best pair, despite Devine having a fine season. Think he'll go with Neil and Mackay. Debate over LB too, but I suspect Sutherland has nailed that one. The other one is CM where Miko and Kurtis have done really well, just with the wee caveat about needing to get a foot on the ball and slow it down at times. It's good we now have Stevie back fit and ready as an option for that, even off the bench if he doesn't start. I suppose there are also questions over central and left player behind the CF. Scougall and Quinn I suspect. Or maybe a curveball or two to come! 

So many good options anyway and whoever is picked will be more than capable. It's been a terrific last few months and hopefully the boys can have a right good crack at it and do themselves justice. If they do then we'll have a good chance. 

Just read on the Advertiser that Andy will remain as a player for next season. He showed on Saturday he's still a handy (no pun intended) option to have if needed.