The Alloa Athletic Thread

I think he'll do really well in League Two, where he might get a bit more licence to go forward.

He had a few bad games early on (not the only one obv), struggled a bit due to lack of confidence and ended up a bit part player. I think he's a decent player though who I would expect to do well at Arbroath.

I liked Williams thought he was a decent player but couldn't see how he would push his way into our team really. Could probably say the same for Mcausland though and I think each of them will be playing as back up to Finnie whilst at alloa this season so probably a good idea to get at least one out on loan. I think he'll stand out a bit in league two and hope he does well.

I wasn't impressed by Caddis in his loan spell. Not so much by any lack of ability but by the fact he looked like he couldn't be bothered. In Jack Ross we trust however, going by the evidence so far there is no place in his teams for players not giving their all. Welcome to Liam, hopefully a more successful second spell awaits.

He's got an extra couple of years' experience behind him, and will be desperate to make sure he gets picked up by one of the full-time sides for next season. Considering we're still in the public eye (for a few more months at least), it's a great opportunity all round.

Consensus a few weeks ago seemed to be that we wouldn't get a sniff, so well done to Jack Ross and all concerned. He's made quite a promising start; looking forward to seeing how his squad for next season looks.

Consensus a few weeks ago seemed to be that we wouldn't get a sniff, so well done to Jack Ross and all concerned. He's made quite a promising start; looking forward to seeing how his squad for next season looks.

He only has a contract to the end of this season. The way he's going though, would expect the chairman to offer him an extension at some point.

He's got an extra couple of years' experience behind him, and will be desperate to make sure he gets picked up by one of the full-time sides for next season. Considering we're still in the public eye (for a few more months at least), it's a great opportunity all round.

He's a couple of years older certainly, but he's not had much in the way of experience. A few sub appearances here and there, one league start and 3 starts in Europe since then I think.

He came through at 16 and looked like a future first team player for us. He didn't really kick on and hasn't ever made much of an impact in our first team. I personally think he let himself get into a comfort zone at Saints - his comments last summer after he signed his recent deal were centred around how comfortable he felt at Saints- and I think that resulted in him stagnating quite badly.

I've got to be honest, I can't see much of a future for him in the championship. He's got the technical ability for that level (possibly even higher) but he doesn't seem to have much heart and his 'versatility' is more down to him not really standing out anywhere he's played for us. He might just need a run in his preferred position and he could definitely use a boot up the arse, but I personally can't see it working out for him.

I was referring more to his perceived lack of effort - you'd hope that being a couple of years older would give someone the experience to know that they need to put a shift in. Your comments are worrying, however.

Maybe being removed from the womb at McDiarmid will help, along with the need to obtain a deal for next season. Plus, as has already been mentioned, Jack Ross doesn't seem like he'll put up with passengers. Fingers crossed it works out for everyone.

He only has a contract to the end of this season. The way he's going though, would expect the chairman to offer him an extension at some point.

Aye...it'll need an utter capitulation or dressing-room anarchy for him not to get an extension, surely. Seems like a good lad.

You mean there's a chance of two Embra sides getting a good pumping the day?

giphy.gif

Edit: aw f**k; the big team are playing the morra - never mind! :lol:

Edited by BigFatTabbyDave

Looking forward to the supporters club teams game this morning, a big test for them.

Jack Ross was the guest on the Peter and Roughie Show on STV Glasgow, spoke about artificial pitches in a mature and honest fashion, unlike the spoilt child approach of others.

Also cemented his reputation of best dressed Alloa manager of all time.