The Alloa Athletic Thread

Unless we chucked a kings ransom at Agnew I can't see him joining us.

I wouldn't be throwing any silly cash at him either, cracking left foot, but to predictable and doesn't score enough goals.

Eddie ferns has joined the list. Good servant for us but it was time to go for him. Hopefully he finds a club where he starts alot more. Would be nice to find out who has been kept on. 

Kev Cawley released by Dumbarton and Scott Agnew released by St Mirren - Could be two top signings !!

Wouldnt take Cawley back. His time with us is in the past and it is best left like that.

Eddie ferns has joined the list. Good servant for us but it was time to go for him. Hopefully he finds a club where he starts alot more. Would be nice to find out who has been kept on.

Yeah would be nice of the club to just release a statement instead of getting drip fed from players social media!

The players have been called in on an individual basis. Whether they disclose the outcome is up to them. The club will have to wait til Jack Ross makes a full statement on the outcomes in their entirety. Expectation is that the manager will conduct a lot of his activity quickly this summer.

The players have been called in on an individual basis. Whether they disclose the outcome is up to them. The club will have to wait til Jack Ross makes a full statement on the outcomes in their entirety. Expectation is that the manager will conduct a lot of his activity quickly this summer.

I like the sound of that  :) .

Good luck to Eddie. Always gave his all and now and again it was actually very effective  :wub: . I always felt however that the managerial changes contributed to his time at Alloa being longer than it probably should have been. This is the right decision. Hope he finds a club where he can play regularly.

Edited by Waspie

Yeah would be nice of the club to just release a statement instead of getting drip fed from players social media!

Statement now on club website,, D Crawford, Finnie and Williams confirmed as away along with Lynas, Ferns and Lee McLelland. Still some players to be spoken too and others have been offered deals but no indication on who they are.. What with McManus, Duffy and Crawford returning to parent clubs and the likelihood that Gallagher will find another club looks like another rebuild of the team again.

Edited by Craigy

Saw that, no real surprises. Thought DC may have stayed as now we are most likely looking for 2 keepers again.

Few players I expected that weren't on the list - Burton O'Brien. However, glad Isaac isn't on and hopefully will be given a chance in League One!

Must admit thought O'Brien would be away also- possibly Ross has not spoken to him yet, as Kieren said no real surprises, maybe Macausland also as he has been a bit hit and miss

Edited by Craigy

I thought a few more would be released. Perhaps some of the players he is still to speak to will go as well. Anyway, I don't think a massive rebuild is required for League 1. Keep the players who can do a job and that gives us a good nucleus, and aim to then get a few really strong signings in to give them a hand. Good luck to those leaving.

Sorry Davie Crawford's away; I thought he could have been a decent #1 for next season. Hopefully we don't end up with another keeper with butter-covered gloves as a replacement.

Good to see a statement up so early. No surprises with the released players.

Good to see he has a few signing options in his mind already. John Terry being one of them...

I don't think he'll fancy the plastic pitch.