The Alloa Athletic Thread

Brilliant to see that we are seeded for the next draw, massive achievement to win that group with two FT teams. Here's how the draw looks for tomorrow -

UPDATED LAST 16 DRAW SEEDED
HIBS
HEARTS
ABERDEEN
CELTIC
RANGERS
ALLOA
PARTICK
MORTON

UNSEEDED
EAST FIFE
ST. JOHNSTONE
INVERNESS
HAMILTON
QOTS
MOTHERWELL
AYR
DUNDEE UTD OR DUNFERMLINE

DUNFERMLINE MUST WIN IN 90 MINS TO GO THROUGH

East fife are out

Great result against one of the main challengers for the league title.Excellent goals as well. Kirkpatricks two were first class. 

Again a brilliant team effort all round. Need to get JR a waterproof jacket though. He deserves one!!!

Congrats Alloa!

I'm actually not feeling too down-hearted after the loss to you guys 11 days ago now..

After the game, I had given up on us this season then seeing us on Saturday and seeing your scores in the 2 games shows that there's a very good chance you could be back in this league next year. Congrats again.

Mulraney's wee team v Alloa. Hope Celtic qualify for Champions League, knacker themselves out abroad, rest some players, we score first.....

Seriously though it would be great if we could just go there, give a good account of ourselves, keep bookings to a minimum and if we scored there it'd be brilliant too.
Do bookings in this cup count towards league games or just carry over to next season's League Cup?
After Stranraer having 3 TV games relatively recently and Peterhead having a tie at Ibrox, this draw, however unlikely it is for us to progress, could be just what we need to keep our league season ticking along at the right end of the table should our rivals start/keep splashing their cash. Jack Ross has assembled an excellent team which I don't think needs added to, more a case of having the funds available should we pick up an injury or two. As impressive as the players are that he's brought in, I still feel two of our most important players this season will be guys that we've had at the club a while, Marr and Flannigan. Both a little injury prone but here's hoping that luck is on their/our side for the foreseeable!

Really hoping I'll be able to make the Celtic game, only seen us twice so far this season (Fort William and Peterhead - 7-0 on aggregate so far) plus I'll be missing our game on the Saturday afterwards as I'll be at Old Trafford for the Man Utd v Leicester game. 

Excellent start to the season and the Celtic game will take care of itself when it comes around. Here's hoping the players keep their feet on the ground and put that game to one side and concentrate on the more important league games. Mon the Wasps!

• 2 weeks later...

I don`t think I`ll ever get used to our new badge! I was just looking at todays team sheet and it`s the first thing you see. That wouldn`t be a problem if it wasn`t so f*cking ridiculous looking! I think it`s a bit of an embarrassment and just gives people a reason to laugh at the club which is shit. I can`t be the only one that still hasn`t come round to it.

I wish the club would see sense and revert back to the old badge which was classy as f*ck and was so easily associated with Alloa.

Anyway, rant over.

Win today please!

`Mon the Wasps.

Never thought I'd see Pat Scullion back with us. I always thought he was a better player than Alloa fans gave him credit for. I assume he's fit and Jack Ross sees a role for him, so happy enough with the signing.

Genuinely in disbelief that he managed to get a gig at Championship Cowdenbeath (at the time) and now a very good Alloa side. Fair play to the lad he's obviously worked hard at it since leaving us. You mention he's made up for lack of cover, what position you talking about? Played centre back, central midfield and up front for us.