The Alloa Athletic Thread

Anyone worried that that could have been Waters last game for the club? St Mirren expected to bring in 1 or 2 players next week.

Not worried at present more than likely he will sign a pre contract for next season. The mess St Mirren are in might be another season in league 1

Anyone worried that that could have been Waters last game for the club? St Mirren expected to bring in 1 or 2 players next week.

Think hes done very little since jack left anyway tbh, there would be a fee involved st mirren have very little money if any, a very able left back..cant see him signing, if anything it'll be a pre contract.

The only time in his career that Andy Little has scored goals (and to be fair he scored a lot) was for a team with the second highest budget in Scotland playing against part-time sides in the Third Division. Jim Piggot/Adam Coakley etc etc would probably have been a prolific scorers in such circumstances. Hasn't played much football of late it seems. Hard to know exactly what level Little is at. 

Edited by Waspie

7 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

It's not like we've never signed an unfit striker before.

Image result for michael chopra

Indeed! He was no Peter Lamont either. But Chops had played at a very high level previously. Little's main claim to fame is smashing hat-tricks past the Shire etc for a team with a budget bigger than most 3 leagues above. That's not to say that he won't be a good signing for somebody.

Edited by Waspie

On ‎06‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 21:44, KierenAAFC said:

IMG_1483739042.918649.jpgI'm sure Isaac won't mind me sharing this, a nice message as he departs Alloa. A good lad I think - good luck to him.

I see Isaac has resigned to his old club Billericay Town F.C.

8 minutes ago, holsten said:

I see Isaac has resigned to his old club Billericay Town F.C.

Best of luck to him - hopefully he goes back to scoring an absolute hatful for them again.

Judging by the Billericay website, they know as much about Scottish football as we do about the Isthmian League  :lol:

"Isaac was with us as an 18yo and scoring for fun. He attracted several big professional clubs and we came close to agreeing a deal with Championship side Reading. However he signed for Southend before moving to the Scottish Premiership with Alloa Athletic playing against the likes of Celtic."

9 minutes ago, whereismillar said:

We did play them in the cup !!   :lol:

Come to think  of it I don't remember Isaac playing in that game. I have a sneaking suspicion he was at Stirling at that point.

That has to be one of the least accurate statements on a player I've ever seen :lol:

Edited by LeodhasXD
extra