The Alloa Athletic Thread

44 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

Tell you what I'll announce it at 10 o'clock if there's still nothing on the club website. Kinda miss the advertiser breaking the story first. :lol:

Not gonna lie. Our lack of new faces means even I'm excited to see who you guys have signed.

Hope he's shite though.

Just now, whereismillar said:

I hope it is " A F****** Left back.....A   F****** LEFT BACK...............

If we hadn't gone on to win the league that goal and penalty miss would've haunted me forever.

It's good that we can all laugh about it now.

Was a regular in your side was he not ?

I think he maybe got two starts in the last 2/3 games of the season, but before that was nowhere to be seen.

None of us could work out why he was even re-signed last season. A complete and utter shitebag of a player. I’m astounded a team out with the fourth tier has picked him up.

You’ll just need to hope that Goodwin can get the best out him and he proves all his doubters (/haters) wrong.

ETA: On another note, I’m very jealous of you guys signing Spence. I think every part time club in the country would have been after him.

28 minutes ago, falkirkwasp said:

Happy with that aswell other than when he was giving it the GIRUY’S against us.

That was my first thought too, the play-off at Airdrie last season? That wouldn't bother me but he didn't do much else over those games. Himself and Galt a bit of a gamble. Hopefully they will take the chance and make the step up.

I'm happy with Greig coming back. Printer raised some very valid concerns but Greig has shown before that he can score goals against decent teams. Doing it consistently at a higher level will be the challenge, but I thought he looked a better all round player in his last season with us and better equipped for another shot at the Championship. Not sure there are better part-time strikers available either. And it's Spencie :wub:

Good to get some new faces in but we'll need a few more really good signings if we are going to be competitive in this league.

Edited by Waspie

Happy with that aswell other than when he was giving it the GIRUY’S against us.
He did that with us before we re-signed him aswell. We've never gotten the best out of him in either spell which is a shame as he undoubtedly has talent.