The Alloa Athletic Thread

16 hours ago, Vegetableman said:

looks like we were at maximum occupancy so to speak , i don't think its a bad thing the players we have are starting to know each other more and it is showing .

PS  Anyone on here buy a ticket for kelty ? seems they just leave you in limbo on this fanbase thing , hopefully i can make the rearranged match anyway .

I replied to the email from Fanbase which confirmed the purchase and they responded earlier today. I should get the money back in the next few days.

There is also a "Contact us" option on Fanbase which should work as well.

1 hour ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

Cannon on loan at Benburb I think.

Also got Donnelly to come back in(hopefully) so there's plenty options in the squad as it is.

Looks like Donnelly is coming back this month. 

16 hours ago, Vegetableman said:

looks like we were at maximum occupancy so to speak , i don't think its a bad thing the players we have are starting to know each other more and it is showing .

PS  Anyone on here buy a ticket for kelty ? seems they just leave you in limbo on this fanbase thing , hopefully i can make the rearranged match anyway .

I personally just pay at the gate for games or if it's a non-cash gate option I then use the online ticket, but only when outside the ground

On 03/01/2024 at 00:21, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

I never buy tickets until I'm literally walking to the match, but I'd be chasing Kelty for the refund. I'm sure the fanbase Ts and Cs state your contract is with the club, and they are acting as agents for the clubs services. Better joy that way, and should be able to get a full response from Kelty this week now that public holidays are done.

About five past three? 😉

11 minutes ago, waspie13 said:

Bradly Rodden has signed for stenny

Permanently? Either way thats a prudent signing for Stenny who are flying and could have an elusive title wrapped up with a few months to spare at this rate.

Wasps have quite a few attacking options and a larger than normal squad so maybe works well for both clubs.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

Sad to see Rodden go, but guessing that means we should be keeping Wales, Steven and Roy for the rest of the season?

Good signing for Stenny, I'd like to see them come up to league one to give us another local derby. 

On 04/01/2024 at 08:58, printer said:

About five past three? 😉

On a good day maybe 🙂

Probably quite inevitable Rodden would go. His opportunities likely to be limited with Sammon and Roy ahead in the pecking order. I liked Rodden and could produce on his day- always hungry and put in a ton of work.

Our squad is pretty large, so if a few more leave to get more football then may pave the way to perhaps bring in less numbers but higher quality.

1 hour ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

Probably quite inevitable Rodden would go. His opportunities likely to be limited with Sammon and Roy ahead in the pecking order. I liked Rodden and could produce on his day- always hungry and put in a ton of work.

Our squad is pretty large, so if a few more leave to get more football then may pave the way to perhaps bring in less numbers but higher quality.

Aye I'm pretty similar. I liked him when he got an opportunity. Still our top scorer this season despite the limited appearances and some tidy goals I've enjoyed this season. Don't think he's a player who can carry the ball when you're up against it and not supporting from midfield but a buoyant Stenny he might end up with a hatful of goals. Definitely the player I looked at and thought he would be one that someone would gamble on.

Tough on the strikers in general because there's only space for one or two at a stretch with how Andy has been setting us up. Interesting to see what business we do coming in or if it will just be shaving the squad numbers down.

Good work if we've managed to move Brad on. His work rate and enthusiasm were really admirable and made it hard to criticise but in truth he was clearly a middle of the road tier 6 player who somehow landed in tier 3. He did well to get a few goals by shooting whenever he could - and he deserves great credit for giving it everything he had - but he  struggled overall and the team was noticeably weaker whenever he started. The calls for him to be starting were bizarre and it was no coincidence that he hasn't played a single minute since Andy Graham took over. To be honest I'd have thought he'd be better dropping out of the SPFL for a regular game but perhaps he can do the supersub gig in a Stenny team that is going well. Good luck to him, he certainly gave his all for Alloa. 

Thought the manager made a lot of sense with his comments on the window. If we can retain the loans and with LD and Robbo to come back then we'd be in pretty good shape. Obviously he has very little wriggle room with the size of the squad he inherited but perhaps he can move a few of the more peripheral men on and maybe make space for an extra addition. I'd agree with Kev on the point he made on the podcast, if there was a half decent goalkeeper available somewhere to challenge/provide back up for PJ that would be good. 

I do think PJ has come back a lot stronger since his injury, and he's helped improve the stability of the backline. But for every few good days he has, he is still capable of a game like Dunbar where he couldn't catch a cold. A push for his place would be beneficial. And for all the tremendous entertainment that Ogayi provides, I'm not sure the manager would fancy playing him. Rice was more of a romantic, Andy a bit more pragmatic I think.  

8 hours ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

I do think PJ has come back a lot stronger since his injury, and he's helped improve the stability of the backline. But for every few good days he has, he is still capable of a game like Dunbar where he couldn't catch a cold. A push for his place would be beneficial. And for all the tremendous entertainment that Ogayi provides, I'm not sure the manager would fancy playing him. Rice was more of a romantic, Andy a bit more pragmatic I think.  

Not sure Brian Rice sees himself as a romantic, but it's a good point. I agree with you re PJ. I wonder if playing behind a more settled defence may reduce the number of his dodgy days though.

Good luck to Rodden at Stenny, I really liked him as a player and a striker who scored goals ticks the box for me. Do we have the loans of Wales and Roy sorted until end of season? Wouldn’t want to end up with Sammo as only  striker. 
Had a listen to the Wasps nest podcast this morning, fab listen guys 👍

I have to agree with Kevs assessment on PJ, he isn’t brave enough coming for crosses or off his line quick enough. He’s costing goals every week. 
Hopefully a decent result against Edinburgh today. Bad result for them last week but probably stemming from players not being paid. 

Edited by Alloamad

1 hour ago, Alloamad said:

Good luck to Rodden at Stenny, I really liked him as a player and a striker who scored goals ticks the box for me. Do we have the loans of Wales and Roy sorted until end of season? Wouldn’t want to end up with Sammo as only  striker. 
Had a listen to the Wasps nest podcast this morning, fab listen guys 👍

I have to agree with Kevs assessment on PJ, he isn’t brave enough coming for crosses or off his line quick enough. He’s costing goals every week. 
Hopefully a decent result against Edinburgh today. Bad result for them last week but probably stemming from players not being paid. 

You'd like to think Rodden isn't allowed to leave if the Wales and Roy extensions weren't progressing.

10 hours ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

I like PJ and am hopeful he will prove himself to be a really good number one choice for us. He certainly has improved the defence since coming back in, despite perhaps not being 100% fit initially, and the defenders look more solid with him behind them. Having someone to really push him would help but I'd be more worried if he picked up an injury and was out for a long spell. Ogayi is a bit like Rodden in that he is really enthusiastic and you want him to do well, but he really shouldn't have got a gig at this level in the first place. The thought of PJ being crocked and us relying on Phil for an extended period is a bit scary. 

Edinburgh City have obviously been a bit of a bogey team for us at times (over the decades) but we really have to be beating them today. 

Speaking of the old romantic Rice, perhaps we can see his influence at Livi where previously impressive striker Joel Nouble has recently been reinvented as a RWB. He loves it, apparently. 

Screenshot_20231231_165823_com.android.chrome_edit_75859346110820.thumb.jpg.c6b8ef39c3e8dafa557f3c5793410d4f.jpg

11 minutes ago, Waspie said:

Edinburgh City have obviously been a bit of a bogey team for us at times (over the decades) but we really have to be beating them today.

I've no idea who even plays for us these days, I believe even our loan players have left now.

Be interesting at 2 o'clock to see our team line up for today's game!

Bookies have Alloa at 18/1 ON, to win and City at 33/1 which says it all about our current situation.

Enjoy your day!

Edited by Tenkay