The Alloa Athletic Thread

30 minutes ago, Tenkay said:

I've no idea who even plays for us these days, I believe even our loan players have left now.

Be interesting at 2 o'clock to see our team line up for today's game!

Bookies have Alloa at 18/1 ON, to win and City at 33/1 which says it all about our current situation.

Enjoy your day!

Obviously hoping Alloa can take advantage today Tenkay but with the bigger picture I wish you all the best. Always had a soft spot for City as a club who had a fascinating history and who continued to battle on through adversity (even if it once took them 30 years to bounce back). The return to the Scottish League in recent times was a great story and just a shame things have subsequently gone wrong off the park. Hopefully you pull through this crisis 🤞

2 hours ago, Waspie said:

I like PJ and am hopeful he will prove himself to be a really good number one choice for us. He certainly has improved the defence since coming back in, despite perhaps not being 100% fit initially, and the defenders look more solid with him behind them. Having someone to really push him would help but I'd be more worried if he picked up an injury and was out for a long spell. Ogayi is a bit like Rodden in that he is really enthusiastic and you want him to do well, but he really shouldn't have got a gig at this level in the first place. The thought of PJ being crocked and us relying on Phil for an extended period is a bit scary. 

Edinburgh City have obviously been a bit of a bogey team for us at times (over the decades) but we really have to be beating them today. 

Speaking of the old romantic Rice, perhaps we can see his influence at Livi where previously impressive striker Joel Nouble has recently been reinvented as a RWB. He loves it, apparently. 

Screenshot_20231231_165823_com.android.chrome_edit_75859346110820.thumb.jpg.c6b8ef39c3e8dafa557f3c5793410d4f.jpg

Brilliant! 😁

At least that means Livi won't be coming in for Kev. 

2 hours ago, Tenkay said:

I've no idea who even plays for us these days, I believe even our loan players have left now.

Be interesting at 2 o'clock to see our team line up for today's game!

Bookies have Alloa at 18/1 ON, to win and City at 33/1 which says it all about our current situation.

Enjoy your day!

Those odds do seem ridiculous, even for Edinburgh's situation.

If Brian Rice was still manager, I'm sure there are a few Wasps fans who would be tempted to have a wager on an away win. 

Will we have got a bit of money for Brad then? Wish him all the best, we could end up playing him next season!

On PJ and Phil, I think as shot stoppers, Phil may slightly edge it but in terms of organising defenders in front of him and positioning, PJ's time in full time football puts him ahead. 

10 hours ago, printer said:

Good luck to Bradley Rodden at Stenny, I hope he does well there. I'm sure @Francesc Fabregas will be delighted they've signed him. 🤔

Bradley Rodden played well today when introduced in the second half and I look forward to seeing what he can bring to the team.

Thank you.

Just now, Francesc Fabregas said:

Bradley Rodden played well today when introduced in the second half and I look forward to seeing what he can bring to the team.

Thank you.

A player that can bring goals and be a real threat for Stenhousemuir at his time at the club. Good signing for yourselves. 

2 minutes ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

Thank you.

Avoiding catching eyes with him after blasting him earlier on this season by any chance? 😂

Good three points won today. Probably deserved but a cagey second half could be said, 2 in 2 for Bobby which is only a positive. Poor way to start the second half with going behind, poor defensive error for Edinburgh to get back into it. But the amount of times we pushed on in the second half and the chances we have should of went ahead much earlier but great from Kevin to get his goal after his narrow miss a few minutes before hand and then Ally Roy scoring another great goal in an Alloa shirt. 

34 minutes ago, bod said:

You guys don't need to worry, you'll be leaving Palmerston next week with your normal 3 points having not broken sweat.

No easy games anywhere today being a good example , tough game next week regardless of our record there , big game for both teams as only 3 points between 4th and 7th  , Cove look like they are catchable now too .

you might even get a shot on target next week   🙂

Edited by Vegetableman

3 hours ago, TxRover said:

Good and quick response, to what seems a wider spread problem than has been appreciated.

https://www.alloaathletic.co.uk/2024/01/08/club-statement/?fbclid=IwAR175j-dL5HQvDkcDpy7ADOMFPDhfpzR-bD1g7PI0gzpeQgvzReH3rbT0ls

Great from the club to give a quick and good response on the incident, but this is gonna put a real bad reputation for the football club and especially the fanbase after this event, following on from the incidents in the last few weeks against Hamilton and Montrose as well. 

6 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

Hi lads.

What’s the verdict on Jay Hogarth?

I liked Jay, goalkeeper who is actually a footballer. Good distribution - we used to use him for a quick counter with the long punts. Good shot stopping.

Bad points - at times not physical enough in the corner stramashes etc. Just needs more experience. He'll be a good goalie.

Surprised he's on loan at a league two club. Seemed a nice guy, seen him at a game at the Recs after his loan ended.

Was a good shot stopper and had decent distribution. He was iffy coming for crosses which cost us a few goals last season. 

I thought Rangers would have been looking to loan him to a championship club after a season in league one.

29 minutes ago, Rory said:

Surprised he's on loan at a league two club. Seemed a nice guy, seen him at a game at the Recs after his loan ended.

Was a good shot stopper and had decent distribution. He was iffy coming for crosses which cost us a few goals last season. 

I thought Rangers would have been looking to loan him to a championship club after a season in league one.

Surprised also, seen him quite a bit at our games watching his brother. Thought he was one of the better GKs in the league last year and wouldn't have minded bringing him in before we re-signed Nicky. Thought at the very least he'd go to another league 1 club.