The Alloa Athletic Thread

1 minute ago, LeodhasXD said:

Allergic to a wee bit of fun. Nothing takes back the result - it's history. Saturday is a new game that's completely in our hands?

I would take your point if it was just our goals that were posted with a tongue in cheek comment etc about the honking defending but the first minute is st Johnstone players misplacing passes and has nothing really to do with us. Everything I’ve seen from them has been praising us and saying how we deserved to win so doesn’t really make sense to me to be winding them up. If they had said we were lucky and we were rubbish etc then I would understand but just seems odd to me, each to their own.

12 minutes ago, AlloaAdam said:

I would take your point if it was just our goals that were posted with a tongue in cheek comment etc about the honking defending but the first minute is st Johnstone players misplacing passes and has nothing really to do with us. Everything I’ve seen from them has been praising us and saying how we deserved to win so doesn’t really make sense to me to be winding them up. If they had said we were lucky and we were rubbish etc then I would understand but just seems odd to me, each to their own.

If anything then I'm giving them a hand because they'll have more to prove next game when they play East Fife.

It could have easily been us last week with misplaced passes but you've got Craig Levein who's as experienced as anyone in Scottish Football saying 'I have never seen this before'

Premier's highlights of Rankin's goals are fine but those moments are comical and watching them back to back is worth a watch.

Edited by LeodhasXD

11 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I know they were open goals but they 2 finishes into the empty net are superb. Fair play to that man 

Already sure Andy Graham will be snapped up in the first round of managerial sackings and some no mark English side will pick him up for their reserves to not be heard of again.

The videos funny FFS, it was a clowncar performance and, frankly, as a St Johnstone fan I'm happier to see folk taking the piss as it helps emphasise how poor a side we are.

Was saying to someone at work if Rankin carries his current form in to the league season, I wouldn't be surprised if we get offers for him in January. Every club is desperate for goals. His two finishes last night were well taken and so was his half volley against Brechin.

53 minutes ago, Rory said:

Was saying to someone at work if Rankin carries his current form in to the league season, I wouldn't be surprised if we get offers for him in January. Every club is desperate for goals. His two finishes last night were well taken and so was his half volley against Brechin.

Best pre-league form by an Alloa striker since Geoff Mitchell.

4 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

Already sure Andy Graham will be snapped up in the first round of managerial sackings and some no mark English side will pick him up for their reserves to not be heard of again.

Methinks you know something, too much info in your post.

Rankin's goals were excellent last night.  Tight angle from way out at the edge of the box, but remarkably scored with either foot.  Great confidence from the young man, not many pros in Scotland could do that.

Edited by Willie Gut

5 minutes ago, Willie Gut said:

Methinks you know something, too much info in your post.

Rankin's goals were excellent last night.  Tight angle from way out at the edge of the box, but remarkably scored with either foot.  Great confidence from the young man, not many pros in Scotland could do that.

Just believe in the team is all. Compare the atmosphere of Craig Levein's bench to Andy's - it's night and day. Okay there's more pressure on St Johnstone but there's no criticism of the players from us it's all encouragement. 

If we do well we're inevitably targets of bigger fish and that's what I see happening when we do well. 

1 hour ago, LeodhasXD said:

Just believe in the team is all. Compare the atmosphere of Craig Levein's bench to Andy's - it's night and day. Okay there's more pressure on St Johnstone but there's no criticism of the players from us it's all encouragement. 

If we do well we're inevitably targets of bigger fish and that's what I see happening when we do well. 

Yep sitting above the bench in the stand, theyres no negativity whatsoever from Andy, everything is positive and encouraging, You can see the players buy into him by effort on the pitch, Great to see 

33 minutes ago, lichtiekev said:

In what way strange?

Personally I didn't think he had enough end product to warrant going to Hamilton over who then was Hastie(although he's off to ayr) and Henderson . Might have just been Taylor Steven on the other side was inordinately effective https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/alloa-athletic-fc/leistungsdaten/verein/3020/reldata/%262023/plus/1

Did dow pick up a serious injury? Like for like replacement?

Edited by LeodhasXD

We certainly need another option or two in those attacking wide roles but we need them to be better than Quinn was last season. Was never getting a deal at Hamilton and a little surprised he's got one at Arbroath but maybe he can kick on, there is talent there if you can iron out the flaws in his game. Good luck to him. 

47 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

Personally I didn't think he had enough end product to warrant going to Hamilton over who then was Hastie(although he's off to ayr) and Henderson . Might have just been Taylor Steven on the other side was inordinately effective https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/alloa-athletic-fc/leistungsdaten/verein/3020/reldata/%262023/plus/1

Did dow pick up a serious injury? Like for like replacement?

Think Dow will just be a fre weeks, probably been our best player in pre-season,

Don't really know much about Coulson but willing to give him a chance,

11 hours ago, Waspie said:

We certainly need another option or two in those attacking wide roles but we need them to be better than Quinn was last season. Was never getting a deal at Hamilton and a little surprised he's got one at Arbroath but maybe he can kick on, there is talent there if you can iron out the flaws in his game. Good luck to him. 

Completely.

12 hours ago, lichtiekev said:

In what way strange?

Don't really know much about him 

I don't think it's strange as such. I imagine what @KierenAAFC means is moving from Alloa to Arbroath is a sideways move as opposed to a move up that Quinn was looking for.

IMO it's most important for him to be playing regularly and improve. I think he would have got that at Alloa - don't know enough about Arbroath's squad to predict if he will at Gayfield.