The Alloa Athletic Thread

We've got a new away top- blue with white piping at the sides.

Havent seen it yet, but sounds an improvement on the current maroon number.

I had a look on the Pendle website and tbh all the gear is pretty honking.

Just plucked it off pendle website might not be that one!

Agreed though.. Horrible!

There is hope then.

It looks likes something a primary school team from the 1980's would wear.

Edited by bsd

There is hope then.

It looks likes something a primary school team from the 1980's would wear.

That's Pendle all over! They supply boys clubs and pub teams( awaits a rank joke).

Young team out tonight ahead of tomorrow's big game against the Binos. Deserved 3-1 win for Stenny, who looked physically more capable and did more with the ball when they had it, as our passing was quite poor at times.

We somehow managed to take the lead in the first half despite being second best, but an equaliser came right before half-time. Second half was all Stenhousemuir, with Alloa pushing back deeper into their own half as the match went on. We were playing on the counter-attack with only Scott Hynd (for I believe it was he) up front for most of the half, and he barely got a sniff of the ball. Don't think Stenny's keeper had a save to make. It was all over when the second goal went in, as we clearly weren't going to score again. The third was a real peach into the top corner, and we were maybe a bit fortunate not to concede more.

Stenhousemuir look decent though; they should do OK this season, I'd have thought.

Do the alloa faithful think they're team has improved from last season, equal to last seasons or weakened?

That's a hard one lol. We have lost Bain who probably saved us from many a hiding last season, so I would say the back is weaker than last season. However up front we have strengthened from last season with the addition of spence.

That's a hard one lol. We have lost Bain who probably saved us from many a hiding last season, so I would say the back is weaker than last season. However up front we have strengthened from last season with the addition of spence.

So about the same then?

I feel we are weaker by 2 players. Hemmings and mckeown not replaced by as good quality.

Buchanan has been our best player this season so far IMO

Couldn't argue against it really. He seems to have a high work rate and wants to create a lot of chances. Just need someone to step up and finish these chances.