The Alloa Athletic Thread

I'd have kept Greig on.

Same here, in a similar backup role, but it didn't seem likely to bite us on the arse. I think a lot of folk (including me) had this naive idea we'd be bringing in a few strikers of (with respect) greater quality that would have kept him out of the team. Daft buggers :P

A bit more outlay (not masses) and we could have probably kept Buchanan. I'd have given both new contracts. All in the past now of course. Good to see Greig back at Recs tonight, still has a good touch and plays well off the last man. Easy to forget he's still only early 20s, he's been around so long.

We'd be in far less trouble if Liam had stayed, but as you say, that ship's sailed.

Aye, 23. No offence to Greig, but he's old beyond his years, and not in the good way :lol:

I think it used to cheer everyone up to see him in the squad, and we could certainly do with that at the moment. Great to see Isaac hitting a bit of form though, as a lot of folk seem to have had their fingers crossed for him.

I'd have kept Greig on.

Me too, I've said it before but I think we partly ruined the season for spencey as we rushed him back from injury and he still looked to be carrying a knock. He never really recovered to early form after that.

Me too, I've said it before but I think we partly ruined the season for spencey as we rushed him back from injury and he still looked to be carrying a knock. He never really recovered to early form after that.

Totally agree with this.

Morton game rescheduled for Tuesday coming. Nothing like a bit of notice!

Ideal in the sense our next two games would've been Rangers and Hibs with little chance of gaining ground on our rivals. So vital we pick up points in this IMO.

Adults £12

Concessions £6

U16s Free

Still a total rip when we shelled out for the first game.

Wouldn't be so bad if you even had a student concession like most other clubs.

Morton fans shouldn't have been squealing like little bitches to get the match abandoned then you wouldn't be forking out money again. You reap what you sow.

What's your thoughts on Michael Doyle folks? We've signed him until the end of the season as cover for the injured Dave Mackay.

He'll leave everything on the park, a fantastic player who gives his all. A true Alloa legend and still bags of time to improve, could improve his crossing haha but you won't be disappointed with him. All the best to him!

Encouraging! He can't be worse than Darnell Fisher, so that's another tick in his box. I take from this that he's a decent defender, maybe not so good going forward?

Excellent signing for you guys! Lacks the end product when he's attacking but an all round great defender and guy. He's pretty fast too

Encouraging! He can't be worse than Darnell Fisher, so that's another tick in his box. I take from this that he's a decent defender, maybe not so good going forward?

No brilliant going forward bombing down the wing touch and go's but the final cross or shot isn't the best... Yes I forgot to mention an extremely nice guy! Always got time for the fans and to be honest is one of the fans!

He's filled in at CB for us on numerous occasions over the years (even at Championship level) so has that defensive awareness.

He would run all day for you, and exciting going forward- he'll wear that right flank out. However, doesnt get caught out when he drifts forward all that often, as similar types of players sometimes do.

Be interesting to see how he gets on at a higher level, hope he does well. He's been looking for a full time move for the past 4 years, so pretty pleased for the boy hes got one, albeit short term. Great opportunity for him.

A club legend and a solid defender throughout our journey up the leagues. A bit limited at going forward and on initial thoughts I think the Premiership will be a league too far for him. If he focuses on being a defender and not a bombing up the wings right back then I think he might be ok. All the best to him.