The Alloa Athletic Thread

Really unlucky to lose today. A game of Hearts taking their chances and us missing loads and muddy conditions which the more experienced team adapted to quicker. We found ourselves 3-0 down at half time and we came out in the second half looking the more likely to get a goal. Unfortunately it was too little too late as we eventually broke the deadlock after 80 mins thanks to a wonder goal from Bud and then again on 87 mins the Roll Royce scored a free kick to set up a thrilling finish. No shame in losing to such a good side who deserve to be top of the league.

Alloa scorers: Andrew Gibson x2

Alloa MOTM: Andrew Gibson

Really unlucky to lose today. A game of Hearts taking their chances and us missing loads and muddy conditions which the more experienced team adapted to quicker. We found ourselves 3-0 down at half time and we came out in the second half looking the more likely to get a goal. Unfortunately it was too little too late as we eventually broke the deadlock after 80 mins thanks to a wonder goal from Bud and then again on 87 mins the Roll Royce scored a free kick to set up a thrilling finish. No shame in losing to such a good side who deserve to be top of the league.

The first Alloa goal was Stevie Masterton-esque. Good game and another 5 minutes and the deficit would certainly have been overcame.

The first Alloa goal was Stevie Masterton-esque. Good game and another 5 minutes and the deficit would certainly have been overcame.

Cheers mate, it was a great game. I had visions of Fawcett going up for that corner and putting the ball into the net to cause scenes. Play like that against Motherwell next week and we should be fine.

Unlucky, get the boys going again Martyn.

Well, It`s do or die next week now. Get a win and I think that we will manage to overtake them during the remainder of the season. Lose and that`s it I reckon.

Even if we do overtake them there`s no chance we`re gonna catch eighth but we`ll give ourselves a chance at least. No real complaint`s if we do go down though. It`s been a fantastic time to be a Wasps fan and I for one have many great memories from the last four/five seasons even if this one has been pretty dreadful.

Really unlucky to lose today.

Sorry Martyn :(

Well, It`s do or die next week now. Get a win and I think that we will manage to overtake them during the remainder of the season. Lose and that`s it I reckon.

Even if we do overtake them there`s no chance we`re gonna catch eighth but we`ll give ourselves a chance at least. No real complaint`s if we do go down though. It`s been a fantastic time to be a Wasps fan and I for one have many great memories from the last four/five seasons even if this one has been pretty dreadful.

Pretty much, although at least we're improving rather than going the other way. Plenty of reasons for optimism for next year.

Still think Livi will get a bit of form at some point, same as last season, but it's over without a win next week, especially as they seem to be going through a real dugshite phase. Dumbarton have a big fortnight ahead too; considering they've been slowly sliding down the table, a couple of defeats and they'll be right in it with the rest of us.

Have the club installed new speakers on the main stand? Just that I thought that I could hear wasps1's shitey music and dulcet tones at the game against Rangers from where I stand at the far end of the shed.

He's just been pumping up the volume when there's a big away support, perhaps in the hope of drowning out some...*cough*...questionable song choices, with his own questionable song choices :P

If you're in the stand, screaming at whoever's next to you in order to be heard makes for a lovely pre-match routine :wacko:

So, who do we think might stay, or be worth keeping in League One?

Gallacher will surely get a Championship offer; The Chop will be away for one reason or another; Finnie, Megginson and Caddis might find it difficult to get a more attractive deal, so I wouldn't be totally surprised to see them again, if JR still rates them.

Marr, Hill, Holmer, Flanny, and maybe Isaac and Steven Hetherington can perform in the third tier. Hynd and Wilson haven't had their chance yet; Hardie and Hoggan would probably stay, you'd imagine. David Crawford looked worth keeping before the whole McNeil debacle. Can't imagine any of the rest staying on, youngsters excluded.

Whither Rapido Eduardo? :P

Gallacher will surely get a Championship offer; The Chop will be away for one reason or another; Finnie, Megginson and Caddis might find it difficult to get a more attractive deal, so I wouldn't be totally surprised to see them again, if JR still rates them.

Marr, Hill, Holmer, Flanny, and maybe Isaac and Steven Hetherington can perform in the third tier. Hynd and Wilson haven't had their chance yet; Hardie and Hoggan would probably stay, you'd imagine. David Crawford looked worth keeping before the whole McNeil debacle. Can't imagine any of the rest staying on, youngsters excluded.

Who we're likely to keep (ie them accepting a deal to stay on in the division below) I'd say is:

Scott Gallagher

Ryan Finnie (on the short showing from him so far)

Colin Hamilton

Lewis Wilson

Kyle Mcausland

Mark Williams

Flannigan? (Not sure if another team will gamble on him given the time he spends on a medical table)

Hoggan

Hardie

Lynas

Hynd

Isaac

Too early for this IMO, we aren't down (yet) and these players have still got a job to do for us between now and May. Re-visit mid to late April!