The Alloa Athletic Thread

Great news about Jason, apparently turning down the chance of another season in the Championship to stay with the Wasps. If we can now add another good CB to play alongside him then we have the nucleus of a fine team. Certainly looking better than this time last year.

If what Ive been hearing going by the lengthy list of rumours all over social media, this is a deal breaker for the club.

Season tickets due to go on sale at the start of the second week in June.

There was a potentially an away pre season friendly against Queens Park, looks like that is now off after QP were promoted.

Edited by Father Barrys Sign (Top Half)

If what Ive been hearing going by the lengthy list of rumours all over social media, this is a deal breaker for the club.

Season tickets due to go on sale at the start of the second week in June.

There was a potentially an away pre season friendly against Queens Park, looks like that is now off after QP were promoted.

Ours were on sale from 19th April, your board are really poor at promoting sales.

Ours were on sale from 19th April, your board are really poor at promoting sales.

The difference is clearly within the situation.

Your club were riding the crest of a wave, they would be daft not to try and generate some sales in the midst of a feelgood factor.

We were plummeting towards relegation, so there wasnt much of an appetite there for the Alloa support to part with their cash.

A bit confused over the manager's comments on OS, he is saying with the signing of Marr, this leaves room for another three players to be brought in , which going by the squad list on the Duffle would give a squad of 16 including two keepers. He could mean 3 new faces on top of those he expects to re-sign from last season but if not must be relying a lot on the youths this coming season. What's your thoughts guys?

A bit confused over the manager's comments on OS, he is saying with the signing of Marr, this leaves room for another three players to be brought in , which going by the squad list on the Duffle would give a squad of 16 including two keepers. He could mean 3 new faces on top of those he expects to re-sign from last season but if not must be relying a lot on the youths this coming season. What's your thoughts guys?

He'll probably be looking at potential loans in July once he returns from his hols to put the finishing touches to his squad. I wouldnt be expecting any more than Hynd, Hoggan and Wilson x2 in terms of Development League players in the 1st team squad. Certainly would expect 3 more new arrivals but possibly more if the remaining guys not re-signed yet go elsewhere.

He'll probably be looking at potential loans in July once he returns from his hols to put the finishing touches to his squad. I wouldnt be expecting any more than Hynd, Hoggan and Wilson x2 in terms of Development League players in the 1st team squad. Certainly would expect 3 more new arrivals but possibly more if the remaining guys not re-signed yet go elsewhere.

That's the bit I was about to add. How many are we waiting on now?

Also, any word on season ticket prices for this year, and are we still doing the Early Bird discount?

Also, any word on season ticket prices for this year, and are we still doing the Early Bird discount?

Same every year, Zen. There's usually money off for the first week or two, and they go on sale in June.

Wonder if the other part-timers are the same?

Same every year, Zen. There's usually money off for the first week or two, and they go on sale in June.

Wonder if the other part-timers are the same?

Similar here. Early-bird deal lasts 3 weeks or so, the Season Tickets are full price now I believe. Also have a couple of Prize Draws for early renewals, win a Replica shirt etc.

Similar here. Early-bird deal lasts 3 weeks or so, the Season Tickets are full price now I believe. Also have a couple of Prize Draws for early renewals, win a Replica shirt etc.

When did your season tickets go on sale?

McAusland, Hill, Caddis, Flannigan, O'Brien are left from last season.

I would expect a minimum of 2 and absolute maximum of 4 to sign from that list. O'Brien I think looking to move into coaching aspects as his playing career carries on.

Season ticket prices are yet to be confirmed but it looks like a £10 reduction from last season, £10 again (not so) early bird.

Think I'll upgrade to the stand this season. A few nuggets up there going by some of the shouts I hear, need to sort them out 😃

Think it was roughly a week after the last match of the season.

Despite my comments earlier to Zen. He's right, we are traditionally slow with this. This is actually fairly early for us. Certainly something to look at if the majority are selling earlier and showing benefit from doing so.

McAusland, Hill, Caddis, Flannigan, O'Brien are left from last season.

I would expect a minimum of 2 and absolute maximum of 4 to sign from that list. O'Brien I think looking to move into coaching aspects as his playing career carries on.

Season ticket prices are yet to be confirmed but it looks like a £10 reduction from last season, £10 again (not so) early bird.

Think I'll upgrade to the stand this season. A few nuggets up there going by some of the shouts I hear, need to sort them out

I thought BO'B had signed a couple of pages back?

Aye, I was in the stand last season as my mum needs to sit down   :ph34r: