The Alloa Athletic Thread

If it's not us that win the league/go up, I'd love it to be Alloa or Stranraer - but two teams (plus supposedly some of Peterhead's squad) are in full-time training. It'll be tough to compete with that over the course of the season, even with your great signings.

You guys are starting to build a very handy squad, even at this early stage I fancy Alloa to be right up there challenging. Layne, Longworth and Spence are excellent options upfront for this level. Layne was superb for us in a struggling team during his brief loan spell.

Another good signing, between Spence, Layne and Longworth (plus Scott Hynd trying to break into the team) we should do ok for goals. If we can get the defence sorted and resign Flannigan then the squad will be looking pretty strong.

Andy Graham, have a missed something? That the guy just left Ayr?

That's the guy!

Jack Ross has worked with him before, with Andy being the captain as well.

Was brilliant for us in the Championship, not the quickest, but his positioning makes up for it for the most part.

Guaranteed to roulette a striker or two during the season.

He got injured during pre-season last year and couldn't get in the team after that.

With a good pre-season in him, he'd be a very solid signing, he's also a great guy.

That's the guy!

Jack Ross has worked with him before, with Andy being the captain as well.

Was brilliant for us in the Championship, not the quickest, but his positioning makes up for it for the most part.

Guaranteed to roulette a striker or two during the season.

He got injured during pre-season last year and couldn't get in the team after that.

With a good pre-season in him, he'd be a very solid signing, he's also a great guy.

^^^ this.

With Graham and Ross having worked together before I'd expect him to make a move. He may not but he'd be daft not to.

Another good signing, between Spence, Layne and Longworth (plus Scott Hynd trying to break into the team) we should do ok for goals.

Indeed, and that's before throwing Kevin Cawley into the mix.

Andy Graham would also be an excellent signing IMO.

Certainly building a good team on paper so far. A strong back 4 is vital though in League 1, something we are still in the process of putting in place. Dont need Beckenbauers, but a solid unit who can stand up to teams well.

I think for this reason it would be ideal if Dougie Hill signed up, as it would provide us with a bit more continuity at the back.

I dont think we'll see many Alloa supporters getting carried away- as excellent as the recruitment has been so far.

It just shows how poor Lennon's recruitment was when Ross is building a superior team (on paper) for the league below.

Fancy you lot to be right up there next season. Nae pressure :lol:

Tbf, I reckon on paper Danny Lennon had built a squad that looked pretty good. I remember most alloa fans very optimistic with the squad he'd built. We had Chopra, Geoff Mitchell who I think was about 6ft7, mikk reintam who had international caps etc...