The Alloa Athletic Thread

Funny that because you tipped Stranraer to win the league not so long ago, need to make your mind up.

The option was Ayr/Stranraer as it was before the playoff final.

Thanks for playing though

Where's Craig been since leaving East Fife? He could be a quality keeper with a bit more confidence in his decisionmaking.

Can't make it to the game; looking forward to hearing about how we look later on   :thumsup2

Pretty routine today - Goodwin, Layne & Flannigan were the three stand outs for me. Didn't see enough of McKinnon & Baker to form a solid opinion but the ginger one up front (Baker I think) looked quite lively. Pitch was looking great, the ball was moving on it very well which made a massive difference. Looking forward to the two games next week which will be much more competitive & Parry might actually get a touch!

Its the same, I'd take him back as a back-up. Capable in League 1.

No offence to the guy but he is rank, there must be better than McDowell kicking about, if Parry gets injured we are back to the same nightmare scenario we had been in before Gallacher came in last season and for the whole season before a defence who have no real confidence in the keeper and McDowell was definitely a weak link. Am I right in saying he didn't have a club last season?

No offence to the guy but he is rank, there must be better than McDowell kicking about, if Parry gets injured we are back to the same nightmare scenario we had been in before Gallacher came in last season and for the whole season before a defence who have no real confidence in the keeper and McDowell was definitely a weak link. Am I right in saying he didn't have a club last season?

Was it McDowall, or the other lad from the youth team who started last season at East Fife? My memory is certainly not improving with age.

Anyway, he's decent at the basics; the only problem we had with him was his reluctance to come for crosses and the like, and I don't think he was very vocal with his defenders. Hopefully his confidence has improved since then.

Dave you're drunk!

I thought Fort William did themselves proud today. The goal keeper was excellent.

Get him signed up then and we can forget about McDowell!!

Can't see how McDowell will have improved especially when he couldn't even get a club last season which says it all really.

What was the final score today by the way ?

Not drunk, unfortunately; this is just me normally   :wacko:

McDowall's bound to have been playing somewhere, surely. What's Mikey Couser been up to since leaving East Fife?