The Alloa Athletic Thread

I wouldn't delete it, mate. [emoji6]

I get that vibe too haha. Probably something simple that just needs ironed out in contract discussions. Looks like the sun blowing out of proportion was is just a blip in negotiations. However, for a split second, I had some hope … !

18 minutes ago, printer said:

Interesting. I wonder if the Strachan potential appointment is an issue for Jim?

This is exactly what I thought when I saw the article, assuming there is even an ounce of truth in it, which is suspect as there is literally no information in it whatsover. 

If you were manager you would really want to know how much interfering your immediate superior was going to be doing in your job. 

I think it was Spurs a few years back where the DoF was in charge of signing the players and Harry Redknapp was left to coach them. Sounds mental in theory but given our last two managers signings it might be a good idea. 

1 minute ago, Dee Man said:

This is exactly what I thought when I saw the article, assuming there is even an ounce of truth in it, which is suspect as there is literally no information in it whatsover. 

If you were manager you would really want to know how much interfering your immediate superior was going to be doing in your job. 

I think it was Spurs a few years back where the DoF was in charge of signing the players and Harry Redknapp was left to coach them. Sounds mental in theory but given our last two managers signings it might be a good idea. 

It was reported he had a list of transfer targets. Maybe someones went through the list and went: "you having a laugh?"

5 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

It was reported he had a list of transfer targets. Maybe someones went through the list and went: "you having a laugh?"

If they are getting Strachan in as DOF this "transfer target list " would not be welcome , if and it is a big if this is the case jim might not be too happy about  it ?

1 minute ago, LeodhasXD said:

Is it bad that I quite like Adam? He's got one of those flawless techniques when kicking the ball. I wish we'd seen more of him :lol:

The last time I saw his Flawless technique was straight at an opposing attacker.  not convinced at all .

Just now, whereismillar said:

If they are getting Strachan in as DOF this "transfer target list " would not be welcome , if and it is a big if this is the case jim might not be too happy about  it ?

Just a thought. I mean letting Jim McIntyre bring in Ross County 2.0 was an unmitigated distaster so I would understand Dundee having reservations in the future.

Likewise Jim's been allowed free rein in everything here if there's a hint that he's not able to sign the players he wants... well I'm sure it'll not be far from his mind that the manager is the one who takes the rap for the team on the park.

2 minutes ago, whereismillar said:

The last time I saw his Flawless technique was straight at an opposing attacker.  not convinced at all .

He's young yet. Still think there's a player in there somewhere.