The Alloa Athletic Thread

Dario is 22 now and you would suspect the extra year he got at Hearts when they extended his loan in January probably represents his last crack at making the grade with them. I would imagine he'll be going all out to make an impact there in the next few months and that another loan now, anywhere, is pointless. Only reason I could see him coming back out would be after New Year if he hasn't made  a breakthrough at Hearts and is looking for a new club. And he'd get a full time gig in those circumstances. 

As for new faces, we know the drill now. The manager will be aiming for a few loans that won't be confirmed for weeks yet. We'll need more players in for the League Cup though and hopefully he can get at least another couple of really strong signings in before then. There was an element of panic about certain additions at the same time last summer and obvious preferable to avoid that. 

As for Ahmad, I'd be happy enough if he got a short team deal and a chance in aforementioned League Cup games. Didn't do much at Berwick, but Berwick was an absolute disaster of a place to be playing your football the last few months. He has pace, power and skill and would be interesting to see him get a game or two, particularly when we are likely to be a little light next month. Odds are against him making it, but don't see any harm in giving him some game time in these circumstances. 

Edit - two really good signings confirmed as I wrote that 😊

Edited by Waspie

32 minutes ago, Recsnotindodrill said:

Robert Thomson and Andy Stirling have signed, delighted with both, Stirling in particular!

31 minutes ago, printer said:

Happy with both of those.

28 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

2 very decent signings imo.

Stirling has ability though he can be a frustrating player. Never fully trusted by Naysmith and barely featured in the play offs (late sub in 3 out of 4 games) under Johnston either. Good luck to him. Fully expect him to be brilliant against us. ☹️

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

Both players wanted to stay full time but See a future at Alloa under JG

Thomson never wanted to stay full time. He made it pretty clear when he left Morton he was looking to go part time.