The Alloa Athletic Thread

I was told that JG was offered the job, Dundee wanted to pick the team and JG was to manage.
Can't work this one out, but sounds typical pish from a team that thinks it's still a big club (on paper)
100% JG wanted to take Lee and the Dundee mafia said no . zoomers hope yous get double relegation

You already took Jack spratt Ross , you will be wanting Trout..en next your comment seems a bit fishy to me We have haddock enough of you lot stealing our managers

now off you swim and leave us minnows alone..

10 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

Herring Jim is coming home. Feel for you I'm gutted Oran is away but Jim is loved in Paisley. 

7 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Oft, the Alloa fans rewriting of history is a bit embarrassing.

Getting involved in a debate with wasps1 / weetoonlad is more embarrassing. 

As for Goodwin and Dundee, who cares? More to the point perhaps, I did hear just as those talks fell apart that Kearney's situation at St Mirren was very wobbly, despite reports to the contrary at that point, and that Jim would soon be taking over there. Which is now looking increasingly likely to be true. Ideally it all gets sorted quickly anyway, the upheaval isn't helpful when we still need a few signings before the new season. 

Ideally it all gets sorted quickly anyway, the upheaval isn't helpful when we still need a few signings before the new season. 

Not ideal, but key for me is who Mike has lined up to replace Jim G. Difficult shoes to follow, especially with Jack preceding him.

3 hours ago, printer said:

Not ideal, but key for me is who Mike has lined up to replace Jim G. Difficult shoes to follow, especially with Jack preceding him.

I'm also interested to see who you'll get, given where they'll inevitably be working in a couple of years' time. 😇

In all seriousness, if we do pinch Jim, I will feel a lot of sympathy. Especially given the stage of pre-season we're at.

Getting involved in a debate with wasps1 / weetoonlad is more embarrassing. 
As for Goodwin and Dundee, who cares? More to the point perhaps, I did hear just as those talks fell apart that Kearney's situation at St Mirren was very wobbly, despite reports to the contrary at that point, and that Jim would soon be taking over there. Which is now looking increasingly likely to be true. Ideally it all gets sorted quickly anyway, the upheaval isn't helpful when we still need a few signings before the new season. 
Correct