The Alloa Athletic Thread

26 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

I think the kit's been held up by sponsors this year and noones in a rush due to the delayed start to the season.

This. I don't think many clubs outside the Premiership will have kit any time soon. I notice Raith fans moaning about being sold out of the first batch but kit supply problems will be immense this year and they will be one of the few to have it at all. There's absolutely no certainty we'll even have new kit for the first team to play for the Betfred Cup and we've got last year's kit spares on standby in case it doesn't get here in time. Replicas will be a bit behind that.

There's always a logjam in the summer with every club in the country wanting their new kit at the same time but this year will be much worse than usual. With the Covid uncertainty I'd imagine anyone who could pause their kit order did do. We certainly did. We couldn't even start making the kit until the sponsors were confirmed which usually happens in late April, three months before we need it, but only happened in early August this time around which gives Macron a month less to produce it for a start.

Kit suppliers will themselves potentially be suffering reduced productivity due to Covid and, depending on where they are made, quite possibly serious delays. Although the Scottish Premiership clubs have been started a while, we've got the English leagues starting in the next fortnight and all their kit supplies will be ahead of Scottish demand I imagine.

53 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

https://kilmarnockfc.co.uk/news/killie-ltd-our-latest-range-of-leisurewear/

If we did something like that how many would buy? There's so many moving parts at this point of the season but there is functionality on the website already built in for selling products.

I could be persuaded to part with cash for a black and gold hoop onesie. For my extra-large mate.

Something like this, only less Pikachu and more Fightin' Hornet.

product-image-425836819_grande.jpg?v=157

53 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

I could be persuaded to part with cash for a black and gold hoop onesie. For my extra-large mate.

Something like this, only less Pikachu and more Fightin' Hornet.

product-image-425836819_grande.jpg?v=157

https://www.party365.com/costumes-accessories/themes/maya-the-bee/97985/bee-willi-mens-costume?number=P45-175685-XXL&gclid=CjwKCAjwqML6BRAHEiwAdquMnde5bLxWCohRuhi5bWXeC7oHJFlBxyj9b2Q1ljkkkJkh3jwHeZhn6RoChzsQAvD_BwE

biene-willi-herrenkostuem-12S6wXz7m8OYTR.jpg

I Dare you !

9 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

This. I don't think many clubs outside the Premiership will have kit any time soon. I notice Raith fans moaning about being sold out of the first batch but kit supply problems will be immense this year and they will be one of the few to have it at all. There's absolutely no certainty we'll even have new kit for the first team to play for the Betfred Cup and we've got last year's kit spares on standby in case it doesn't get here in time. Replicas will be a bit behind that.

There's always a logjam in the summer with every club in the country wanting their new kit at the same time but this year will be much worse than usual. With the Covid uncertainty I'd imagine anyone who could pause their kit order did do. We certainly did. We couldn't even start making the kit until the sponsors were confirmed which usually happens in late April, three months before we need it, but only happened in early August this time around which gives Macron a month less to produce it for a start.

Kit suppliers will themselves potentially be suffering reduced productivity due to Covid and, depending on where they are made, quite possibly serious delays. Although the Scottish Premiership clubs have been started a while, we've got the English leagues starting in the next fortnight and all their kit supplies will be ahead of Scottish demand I imagine.

We have changed to Humell thus season and the range and availability is fantastic , we have already shifted nearly 500 home tops  with away tops arriving within next 10 days ( delayed from 24th August due to being a bespoke top ) they have supplied us with a brand new range consisting of 36 products ( T Shirts, Polos, Jackets, Hoodies, various styles of zipped training  tops ) , shop full and sales driving great income to the club , seem a great company to work with , we are onto our 4th delivery of certain items due to sales ( they are working to around 7/10 days turn around from order to delivery) we are trading exceptionally well online and have opened the shop since 17th July  4 afternoons  a week due to rate of sales 

Edited by Robbo63

Peter Grant gave both of those players their debuts. And both have re-signed. 

Have to say I've used the Pendle online shop a few times and the service was always really good. And I'd agree that the quality of the stuff has got better the last few years. It would be decent to get a different supplier and some variation after so many years, but Pendle are OK! 

Said this before but my only complaint is that the 'new' top is almost exactly the same as the previous one. The only difference seems to be that the sleeves are black rather than gold? Even as someone who pretty much always gets the new top I'm not going to bother when it's effectively the same shirt. 

7 hours ago, liammcintosh01 said:

I read somewhere that teams in English championship (sure I seen millwall mentioned) were interested in taking him on loan, highly doubt he will be back at us.

Unfinished business. PG and Dougie Freedman using their connection to Alloa's gain... One can hope and dream right? 

3 minutes ago, bringbackchopraNOW said:

Did I dream about Alloa streaming games until fans allowed back in or did I read this somewhere? If so will it start with pre season friendly next week? 

I doubt the technology is installed yet and given there is a significant charge in using it I doubt it will be provided for games they dont have to stream. Thats like throwing pound notes straight in the fire.

7 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I doubt the technology is installed yet and given there is a significant charge in using it I doubt it will be provided for games they dont have to stream. Thats like throwing pound notes straight in the fire.

We streamed the Reserves vs Dunfermline Reserves last year 🤷🏽‍♂️

On 11/09/2020 at 09:38, Skyline Drifter said:

In which case you presumably already have the technology to do it and don't need anything installed to do it. There's still a cost though.

I'm not sure, literally just a guy with a camera on a tripod with wires that night, streamed to youtube someone said. Above my technology know how.

But you're right, upgrading to do it properly will have a cost, plus the wage of a cameraman. 🤷🏽‍♂️

Mike has deep pockets though, trouble is his short arms 😂

Edited by bringbackchopraNOW

On 13/09/2020 at 15:14, liammcintosh01 said:

I seen alot of teams playing friendly yesterday, does anyone know if we did play and if we have some more lined up @LeodhasXD you might be the man to answer this question? 

Also hope to see a few additions to the squad soon!

I heard tonight, we are playing Kilmarnock tomorrow night. It's a home game but I don't know any more or if that's even true 🤷🏽‍♂️