The Alloa Athletic Thread

I would take any of they 4 tbh, the Nike hoops would be my number 1 choice. I think we will still be with pendle though :( we must get the gear for nothing I think.

Word on the duffle is that the Marshall deal has been extended. Another year of Pendle and that maroon strip. I wish the board would ditch Pendle and give us decent strips again. There was boys in the pub on Sunday with Patrick strips on from nearly 20 year ago in perfect condition whilst a Pendle strip falls apart after six months. Edited by BigMartyn86

Strong Rumour/Source tells me were signing Gibson your dodgy looking keeper away to forfar.... Excluding that game for a min are there any positives for our likely no1 hoping hes just low in confidence or that game was just a one off as our other keeper from u19s this season..

Edited by shawfield shed boy

Strong Rumour/Source tells me were signing Gibson your dodgy looking keeper away to forfar.... Excluding that game for a min are there any positives for our likely no1 hoping hes just low in confidence or that game was just a one off as our other keeper from u19s this season..

Played the first few games of the season and the last few games. McDowall was number 1 for the majority of the season. McDowall is off to Albion rovers I hear and Gibson will be alright in league2.

Cheers wasp. His jumping on the spot for forfars 3rd worries me.

The funny thing is that he had played a stormer in the 3 games prior to the Forfar game.

As Waspy said he didn't play that many games for us. The Dundee fans seemed to think he was decent enough and Elgin, where he had been on loan, were excited that he had agreed to sign for them before he ended up coming to Alloa. His performance at Forfar was indeed horrific but in truth he never settled at Alloa and never got a run of games. Might turn it to be ok if he gets that at his next club. Good luck to him.

He came with good notices from Dundee, so maybe just had a bad year with us.

Only played about a dozen games bookending the season, but was very prone to butterfingers moments.

The funny thing is that he had played a stormer in the 3 games prior to the Forfar game.

Steady; he was solid, but wasn't pushed that hard.

He came with good notices from Dundee, so maybe just had a bad year with us.

Only played about a dozen games bookending the season, but was very prone to butterfingers moments.

Steady; he was solid, but wasn't pushed that hard.

I'm going with the words of the gaffer in the advertiser "we're in safe hands" prior to to Forfar game lol.

Both of our keepers were terrible. Gibson worse than Mcdowell. A fat useless keeper versus a useles keeper. Good luck with either.

Edited by bsd

GK Andy McNeil signs on from airdrie. Surely back up?

He's actually an excellent shot stopper, one of the best I've seen, but culpible when balls are whipped into the box, poor kick on him too. I would expect him to be back up for you also.

Good luck with him. :lol:

Cost us the league a few years back. As useless as a chocolate fire guard.

A new signing who hadn't exactly set the heather on fire in the league below. Just like your new manager ;)

I'd be rather underwhelmed if he has been signed to be our first choice but we need two keepers so we'll see who else comes in. As with every new signing he deserves a chance to prove himself anyway, we've had a lot of players who were written off by opposition fans and who went on to do just fine.