The Alloa Athletic Thread

I don't know of any keepers out there currently that could do a job for us.

The 2 we had couldnt.

Wonder if this head scout of ours - Lee something or other - will still be at the club for next season. If so we could end up getting players from who knows where.

The 2 we had couldnt.

Wonder if this head scout of ours - Lee something or other - will still be at the club for next season. If so we could end up getting players from who knows where.

That's my thinking, wasn't he looking at the Far East and Australia for players?

Who else to go?

Ferns, Wethearston, Asghar - probables

Layne and Rutherford - who knows.

Hetherington - funny feeling we may keep hold of him. Lennon seemed impressed the other night.

Outsiders for the chop - Doyle, Holmes.

Edited by bsd

Who else to go?

Hetherington - funny feeling we may keep hold of him. Lennon seemed impressed the other night.

I'd almost forgotten about fast Eddie. I think he'll be off to Albion Rovers. I'd also keep Layne and Hetherington.

No surprise about the keepers. Still think McDowall had room for improvement though. No idea what was going on with Gibson, considering how much Dundee seemed to rate him.

Wee bit worried about goalkeepers as, like Waspy says, you have to wonder where the replacements are coming from. No doubt DL has someone in mind. Mikey Couser promoted to second choice for next year?

Glad we got rid of Gibson I didn't think things could get worse after watching McGlynn in goals.

Wonder if Allan Greer's available these days? :unsure2:

Who else to go?

I'm unsure of asghar, looked good when he's had the chance but mass barely been given that chance. Danny Lennon and anyone who consistently sees training will know the most about him. I'm in the same frame of mind with hetherington, seems decent but not really had a chance.

I'm unsure of asghar, looked good when he's had the chance but mass barely been given that chance. Danny Lennon and anyone who consistently sees training will know the most about him. I'm in the same frame of mind with hetherington, seems decent but not really had a chance.

I remember Ashgar having a decent game for the reserves sometime in the winter, but that was about it. He certainly never seemed outstanding compared to the players around him. Hetherington's been much more promising lately.

Any of the maroon away strips would be in contention for the worst strip and you can chuck in the season we had a red and white away strip as well.

The white and blue Patrick strip was horrific.

Pleased Greig is away. Shows Lennon isn't going to settle for second best. Loads of talent as a finisher, but just didn't cut it in terms of determination or making the most of that talent - when was his last league goal for us?

Having said that I really hope he does well wherever he goes.

Also good to see decisiveness re the goalies. Best of luck to McDowall in particular, he's been part of the squad these last four years and has been a decent number two.

Don't know much about Hamilton.

Pleased Greig is away. Shows Lennon isn't going to settle for second best. Loads of talent as a finisher, but just didn't cut it in terms of determination or making the most of that talent - when was his last league goal for us?

Having said that I really hope he does well wherever he goes.

Also good to see decisiveness re the goalies. Best of luck to McDowall in particular, he's been part of the squad these last four years and has been a decent number two.

Don't know much about Hamilton.

Only 4 league goals this season says it all.

I remember Ashgar having a decent game for the reserves sometime in the winter, but that was about it. He certainly never seemed outstanding compared to the players around him. Hetherington's been much more promising lately.

The guy didnt get too much of a chance- when he was introduced into games it was generally to dig in and put pressure on the opposition midfielders, and I thought he did that fine. Put in a proper shift in the cup semi final against Rangers when he was thrown in and fair play to him for that.

He hasnt set the world alight, but he hasnt really had any kind of run in the team to get going. When thrown in hes done pretty much what was asked of him.