If Rangers win scottish cup do they qualify for europa league?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They aren't allowed as you need the 3 years of accounts and you have to comply with the FFP (no idea what the parameters are, so don't know where The Rangers lie on that), but the SFA can appeal on behalf of the club if they decide they want to, and then its up to UEFA to decide

It's not set in stone the three year rule.

ANNEX I: Exceptions policy

1. The UEFA administration may, in accordance with Article 4, grant exceptions on the following matters:
d) Non-applicability of the three-year rule defined in Article 12(2) in case of change of legal form or company structure of the licence applicant on a case-by-case basis.

I do imagine both UEFA and the SFA would far prefer you lot got into Europe than us, for obvious reasons

I do imagine both UEFA and the SFA would far prefer you lot got into Europe than us, for obvious reasons

Is the obvious reason the fact that your club wouldn't get past the first team they were drawn against, therefore doing absolutely zero for the co-efficient?... :)

Is the obvious reason the fact that your club wouldn't get past the first team they were drawn against, therefore doing absolutely zero for the co-efficient?... :)

Yeah, Its not as if we won more European games in one month this season than you lot won in your last 4 European campaigns combined, I'd probably prefer seeing one of the "big" clubs likes Hibernian and Hearts in Europe ahead of us aswell, they'd out perform us aswell

You know, I'm often impressed by the unfathomable depths of your ignorance.

Yeah, Its not as if we won more European games in one month this season than you lot won in your last 4 European campaigns combined, I'd probably prefer seeing one of the "big" clubs likes Hibernian and Hearts in Europe ahead of us aswell, they'd out perform us aswell

Tbh, I doubt we would get past the first team we drew either. Next season would be too soon for us IMO. We'll just wait until the following season when we have a better team.

Tbh, I doubt we would get past the first team we drew either. Next season would be too soon for us IMO. We'll just wait until the following season when we have a better team.

I'd be frankly amazed if Scotland were allowed to compete in a club competition.

Can Rangers International not ask BDO for a copy of the club's accounts from the pre transfer era? Did Chucky Green not get a copy when he tried to buy the company from D&P? If they are the same club the surely a copy of the old company's accounts would suffice and the European exclusion would be limited to one season, as has been the case for others falling foul of the FFP rules?

Can Rangers International not ask BDO for a copy of the club's accounts from the pre transfer era? Did Chucky Green not get a copy when he tried to buy the company from D&P? If they are the same club the surely a copy of the old company's accounts would suffice and the European exclusion would be limited to one season, as has been the case for others falling foul of the FFP rules?

Exactly. The fact is they are not barred until they can produce 3 years of accounts. The actual reason given is - ''A club is not eligible to be considered for UEFA licence until they have held a licence with a UEFA member association (SFA) for a period of no less than 3 consecutive years.'' - As per article 12 of UEFA club licencing handbook.

UEFA have indicated via a response e-mail - to an STV request for clarification on this matter- that they do not consider that the current Rangers meet this criteria. Draw your own conclusion. :)

WTF....this is no fucking way their going to win the cup, you can bookmark this all you like, then delete!!!

Non story unless your talking about the Ramsden Cup.

As a brand new club, don't they need three years of audited accounts?

I don't know why everyone is getting so hung up with accounts when quite clearly UEFA consider them not to be eligible on the basis that they have not been licensed for 3 consecutive years. Only when they have held licence with the SFA for a period of 3 years will further criteria -such as accounts - be considered. At this stage the production or otherwise of accounts is irrelevant.

Archived