Bloody Edinburgh trams

Back on topic, how can Edinburgh city council justify this decision whilst there are planned job cuts across the council?? Reeking of double standards.

Pretty sure infrastructure spending is different from normal council stuff. The redundancies all over the public sector are a fucking disgrace though.

am going out to the airport next week.is the bus actually quicker?

Pretty much the same, bus has nicer seats.

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like Philpy said the council are budget cutting like crazy & it seems like they are going to replace frontline services with a tram line extension.

I wonder if there was a survey done of tram users so far how many off-peak users would be folk with a "free" pass?

That said I love Leith & all it's foibles & I would say yes to the tram going to OT.

The current system is useless to me but I would use it if it went down to Leith.

Grimbo

You know Bridge Street isn't in the city center? Its not even on the same side of the river

You can walk to city centre in 5 minutes, you would need to walk 50 minutes from princes street to find such human destitution

You can walk to city centre in 5 minutes, you would need to walk 50 minutes from princes street to find such human destitution

Fucking hell

I know exactly where it is, and its still not the city center

I live in Glasgow. There is a reason why our trams are now in the museum.

Which is that the subway was in place and the railways that were built in and around Glasgow tended to make a lot more sense from a passenger service standpoint than the ones in Edinburgh like the South Suburban ever did, because freight was the major consideration when they were being built.

Do you want a pat on the back? Doesn't make a difference that you're talking shite.

I love it how thats the bit you highlighted and not the bit when i called you a bell end.

Bridge street and Tradeston areas are the city centre, we stayed near the Carling academy with our friends and i could walk to Argyle street in about 7 minutes so thats pretty much the city centre its not like we were out in Anniesland.

Archived