Bloody Edinburgh trams

I still don't necessarily agree with the extension at this moment in time. There are plenty of buses going up and down Leith and I very rarely hear many complaints about the service other than the traffic.

I'll be very interested to see how they negotiate the water of Leith. I can quite honestly see them having to either build another bridge or strongly reinforce another one.

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still don't necessarily agree with the extension at this moment in time. There are plenty of buses going up and down Leith and I very rarely hear many complaints about the service other than the traffic.

I'll be very interested to see how they negotiate the water of Leith. I can quite honestly see them having to either build another bridge or strongly reinforce another one.

Bridge over Water of Leith already built as part of aborted Leith tram works last time. At Ocean Drive, outside Forth Ports HQ.

Bridge over Water of Leith already built as part of aborted Leith tram works last time. At Ocean Drive, outside Forth Ports HQ.

I see. I wasn't sure whether they were going to go down through Constitution Street or not because of the chaos it would potentially cause on Bernard/Salamander Street. I guess it will bring a lot of those new builds around there into play.

I figured you could bypass that entirely by skipping that area, and going directly along through Great Junction Street to Ocean Terminal.

Going from the back of Ocean Terminal to Newhaven shouldn't be too much of a problem at least.

Interestingly from Ocean Terminal, they could use some of that old line at little cost and put it out to Portobello.

Auckland - devenport? Remember going there when I was down there. The route surely much shorter than leith- Fife

Yep but the ferry also runs to Waiheke, Barrier Island and Whangaparoa up on the peninsula. So Methil docks isn't too far away for a fast jet ferry....

Yep but the ferry also runs to Waiheke, Barrier Island and Whangaparoa up on the peninsula. So Methil docks isn't too far away for a fast jet ferry....

There was a development planned down in Leith before the crash hit and I'm sure it involved a ferry over to Fife. Don't see it working myself

Have you two ever played pool with Philpy? There's a pattern developing..

I met him at a bus stop once. We went for a pint and a chat about life and we compared Jim'll Fix it Badges. Then an ambulance was called. Siren was on.

Back on topic, how can Edinburgh city council justify this decision whilst there are planned job cuts across the council?? Reeking of double standards.

Probably by saying 'it's a long term strategic decision that will link the airport with the waterfront and increase chances of businesses moving there and creating jobs'.

Archived