Bloody Edinburgh trams

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Always thought the bus to Edinburgh airport was really good. Think I'll end up continuing to use the bus when I need to go to the airport.

Trams will probably be pretty much useless for me as everywhere I go already has an excellent bus service. Probably the thing I like most about Edinburgh is how accessible everywhere I need to go is by bus.

Hopefully won't look so odd with actual passengers on them, as opposed to the ghostly empty trams that keep going past up until now.

Well I walked the dog out to the Gyle and came back on the Tram. I stayed on as far as Princes street

They're pretty damn cool as far as Shandwick place but we got a bit snarled up at the west end, thanks in part to a shit first bus driver who'd left his back end hanging out as he queued to get to a bus stop and then there were a few too many red lights

Maybe I was unlucky, maybe they'll tune the traffic signals better as things settle in.

Nonetheless I like them

I'm flying from Edinburgh at the end of next month and even though it's slightly more expensive and (supposedly) slightly longer, I'll probably get the tram from Haymarket just so see what they're like.

It does seem like they've missed a trick in terms of journey time, though. Had things gone a bit smoother then quadrupling the segregated section from Haymarket to the Airport and having non- or limit-stop services would have been very appealing.

I'm flying from Edinburgh at the end of next month and even though it's slightly more expensive and (supposedly) slightly longer, I'll probably get the tram from Haymarket just so see what they're like.

It does seem like they've missed a trick in terms of journey time, though. Had things gone a bit smoother then quadrupling the segregated section from Haymarket to the Airport and having non- or limit-stop services would have been very appealing.

Limited stop trams won't work they would catch up to the one infront and have to stop anyway

Limited stop trams won't work they would catch up to the one infront and have to stop anyway

Which is why I mentioned quadrupling the segregated (i.e. off-street) section.

Archived