Bloody Edinburgh trams

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Shandon Par said:

And don't you P&Bers ever forget it. EH man run tings. 

Maybe Glaswegians are just more determined than you east coast soft shites

5 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Maybe Glaswegians are just more determined than you east coast soft shites

We'd get the tweed grubby mate. Suppose we could employ some Weegies to come and dig it out for us. 

6 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

I still struggle to get my head round the benefit of the trams, especially given the expense. The official journey times are the same as the bus. There's already a train line with two stops in the city centre that follows roughly the same route and goes through the edge of the airport. It decimated businesses in the west end of Edinburgh and turned it into a scruffy no-go zone during the work and left it pretty unappealing after. London and Glasgow managed to build an underground well over 100 years ago. It would transform Edinburgh but with Brexit looming the funding for anything bold has to be on shaky ground. 

Trams is what you have and it’s all you’re getting more of.  The only benefit I can see is that it’s another option and an option business will like more than buses.

Buses are okay but i’m not a great fan of them. Trains and trams are much easier for non-residents of a City to use as they have a clearly defined route map. Bus companies have got better at using technology to make buses more appealing by more clearly identifying routes but they’ve not done a very good job of this until fairly recent times.

We'd get the tweed grubby mate. Suppose we could employ some Weegies to come and dig it out for us. 

Let's settle this like real men. What's your high score on the 2048 game?

5 minutes ago, Rugster said:

You utter b*****d. Had never heard of it but now I've started and have a pile of work I was mean to be doing. 

I still think it's absolutely mental sending a tram down Ocean Drive and Constitution Street. No way anyone else can get past unless they widen the roads which they obviously won't do. I guess these areas will get blocked off for cars unless you live nearby and become public transport corridors. Send the thing along Great Junction Street instead :lol:

As the survey says the majority are perfectly happy with public transport provision down that end of the city. There are buses every couple of minutes after all. Throwing a tram into the mix just seems utterly pointless.

It's clearly going ahead anyway. The consultation is just a tick box exercise. They've already started work on the Picardy Place "improvements" to accommodate the trams heading towards Leith Walk. Easter Road is going to be a laugh when they close Leith Walk northbound send send all the traffic along Duke Street and up Easter Road.

43 minutes ago, Rugster said:

After realising there are instructions at the bottom I got 4660 on my first go. What should I be aiming at? 

After realising there are instructions at the bottom I got 4660 on my first go. What should I be aiming at? 

My top score is 32,284

Just now, Rugster said:

My top score is 32,284

Very good. When I saw a 500-odd number pop up I realised I was just in the baby pool matching up my 2s and 4s.. For round 2 in our battle you'll need to bring a gumshield and pop down to Edinburgh. 

Just now, Shandon Par said:

Very good. When I saw a 500-odd number pop up I realised I was just in the baby pool matching up my 2s and 4s.. For round 2 in our battle you'll need to bring a gumshield and pop down to Edinburgh. 

Why would I need a gumshield?

Just now, NJ2 said:

I tried this game, I was just shifting the numbers about back and forth with no idea how to make 2048...got to about 600 and gave up.

Once I figured out what was going on I got 6,000 or so.  Not got near that since.*

*F**k you, @Rugster

Archived