Bloody Edinburgh trams

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Isn't there? Running back over the European airports I've used in the past couple of years:

Malaga - aye
Krakow - aye
Geneva - aye
Amsterdam - naw, too expensive
Budapest - aye (shite though)
Brno - aye
Naples - aye
Dublin - aye
Manchester - aye
Liverpool - aye
Split - aye
Verona - aye
Birmingham - aye
Podgorica - aye
Rome Fiumcino - aye

I can only assume you mean without involving a bus? In which case 'only' Rome, Malaga, Krakow, Geneva, Birmingham and Manchester would win.

Should probably add I'm a snob and have taxi'd many of these. But the point stands.

Ryan air travels are great

Ryan air travels are great

SReSUr

Sorry for proving you wrong, m8.

Paco the bus from Rome airport to city centre was 10 euros.

Rome has two airports - I got a train out to Fiumicino that was around 5 euros although as I recall they do express ones which are much more expensive. If you flew from Edinburgh you'll likely have flown into Ciampino.

Rome has two airports - I got a train out to Fiumicino that was around 5 euros although as I recall they do express ones which are much more expensive. If you flew from Edinburgh you'll likely have flown into Ciampino.

Well done you

1 hour ago, throbber said:

Paco the bus from Rome airport to city centre was 10 euros.

For 46 minutes I was thinking he'd given the bus a pet name. 

46 minutes ago, Paco said:

• 6 months later...
14 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-43304747

No one can stop the inexorable journey of the Edinburgh trams. Next stop Leith. All aboard!

I still struggle to get my head round the benefit of the trams, especially given the expense. The official journey times are the same as the bus. There's already a train line with two stops in the city centre that follows roughly the same route and goes through the edge of the airport. It decimated businesses in the west end of Edinburgh and turned it into a scruffy no-go zone during the work and left it pretty unappealing after. London and Glasgow managed to build an underground well over 100 years ago. It would transform Edinburgh but with Brexit looming the funding for anything bold has to be on shaky ground. 

Archived