The price of challenging Celtic

Speaking of money, what have Dundee United done with all the millions they've raised in player sales? They should be 2nd, 3rd, 4th in the league and they're heading for the 2nd tier. What's that all about?....

Paying off some of their soft loans, they're not as debt free as they'd have you think.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The thing that tends to make me laugh is the all the "Celtic lack a challenge" pish that is spouted by lazy football pundits/writers who are missing their puff old firm articles that churned out regular as clock work each month. Go and check the SPL table when Rangers were playing in the top leauge for the same time as now and what do you see? The top 3 or 4 teams are only separted by 4- odd points. Now check the current table- The same. Cleitc will now out on the after burners as they are out of Europe and will try to do a treble, so might start the gap between whoever is 2nd. But I dont think it will be cake walk. So enough of this there is no challenge pish.

This isnt about the football challenge- its more about the mental challenge and the emtional tosh that goes on bewteen the two old squrim fan base, that the hacks love to push, the actual games between them are usualy rank to watch...but they gloss over that dont they...

IF and when Rangers get back in to the top leauge their first challenge is not Celtic- but Aberdeen, St Johnstone, Hamilton. Motherwell et al. Rangers will no doubt be scouring the bargin basment and players- and trying to nobble players from those teams already mentioned.

it will be fun to see the pair of them entering into the spend spend. Just hope the rest of scottish fitba stay out of it and gets on with playing their youth.

Paying off some of their soft loans, they're not as debt free as they'd have you think.

:lol: soft loans tickled Dundee United's soft underbelly and mcnamaras too when he put a clause in to receive part of the money from the sales to Celtic himself instead of du receiving it all

They got took for a ride Mate lol

The thing that tends to make me laugh is the all the "Celtic lack a challenge" pish that is spouted by lazy football pundits/writers who are missing their puff old firm articles that churned out regular as clock work each month. Go and check the SPL table when Rangers were playing in the top leauge for the same time as now and what do you see? The top 3 or 4 teams are only separted by 4- odd points. Now check the current table- The same. Cleitc will now out on the after burners as they are out of Europe and will try to do a treble, so might start the gap between whoever is 2nd. But I dont think it will be cake walk. So enough of this there is no challenge pish.

This isnt about the football challenge- its more about the mental challenge and the emtional tosh that goes on bewteen the two old squrim fan base, that the hacks love to push, the actual games between them are usualy rank to watch...but they gloss over that dont they...

IF and when Rangers get back in to the top leauge their first challenge is not Celtic- but Aberdeen, St Johnstone, Hamilton. Motherwell et al. Rangers will no doubt be scouring the bargin basment and players- and trying to nobble players from those teams already mentioned.

it will be fun to see the pair of them entering into the spend spend. Just hope the rest of scottish fitba stay out of it and gets on with playing their youth.

I guarantee Rangers won't sign any players from Motherwell Hamilton et al like you said unless somehow they were a u19 wonder kid which they don't have I think

It will be more like Waghorn & Tavernier

:lol: soft loans tickled Dundee United's soft underbelly and mcnamaras too when he put a clause in to receive part of the money from the sales to Celtic himself instead of du receiving it all

They got took for a ride Mate lol

We were on the edge of going bust and we took the offer that was on the table at the time. Similar to The Rangers in some ways - with the vital difference being that we've since cut our cloth and, as far as we know, don't need further monthly soft loans, just to keep the lights on.

I guarantee Rangers won't sign any players from Motherwell Hamilton et al like you said unless somehow they were a u19 wonder kid which they don't have I think

It will be more like Waghorn & Tavernier

Accies players want to move up the way when they leave Accies , so I very much doubt we would ever sell them to a team such as the one you purport to follow, so make guarantees all you like our wonderkids move on to bigger and better thing than your mob can dream of. :1eye

We were on the edge of going bust and we took the offer that was on the table at the time. Similar to The Rangers in some ways - with the vital difference being that we've since cut our cloth and, as far as we know, don't need further monthly soft loans, just to keep the lights on.

A case of the pot trying to call the kettle black

Rangers don't need any loans again now landlubber the 2.5 mil loan til end of this season is going to be paid back to our good board in an equity return instead of cash and it's already in the bank. Next season Rangers financial income increases massively we are sorted we just need to fight along the way

Accies players want to move up the way when they leave Accies , so I very much doubt we would ever sell them to a team such as the one you purport to follow

:lol: haha, every player at Accies would jump at a potential move to Rangers. Not that any of them are good enough to sign.

Do you think if Hearts for example offered your top player, whoever he is, £1000 a week he's going to knock back an offer of three, four, five times that amount just because Rangers are in the Championship?......

A case of the pot trying to call the kettle black

Rangers don't need any loans again now landlubber the 2.5 mil loan til end of this season is going to be paid back to our good board in an equity return instead of cash and it's already in the bank. Next season Rangers financial income increases massively we are sorted we just need to fight along the way

I've sent this off to Bletchley Park for a full decryption but I think I get the gist of what you're saying.

If you believe that a single 2.5M loan will be enough to see The Rangers though to the end of the season, then you're even more gullible than I thought.

We've yet to see whether they'll be allowed to convert these 'soft loans' into equity, thus diluting the holdings of their fellow shareholders. I suspect some of them might be a trifle miffed at the thought. Thinking of no one in particular...

And 'landlubber'? Aye OK,sailor.

The money is going to come from the board and the fans.

Money will obviously be a big factor in Rangers' ability to challenge Celtic but they wouldn't necessarily have to match Celtic's spending to win the league.

Speaking of money, what have Dundee United done with all the millions they've raised in player sales? They should be 2nd, 3rd, 4th in the league and they're heading for the 2nd tier. What's that all about?....

Have these colt teams be sneaked in already?

:lol: haha, every player at Accies would jump at a potential move to Rangers. Not that any of them are good enough to sign.

Do you think if Hearts for example offered your top player, whoever he is, £1000 a week he's going to knock back an offer of three, four, five times that amount just because Rangers are in the Championship?......

Yes , stay in your bubble where morons support, run and play for your club, for intelligent people playing for the old firm is not the be all and end all of playing professional football, otherwise McArthur and McCarthy, both old firm fans ,would have taken those move when they were offered :1eye

haha, I agree mate. accietilleyedie needs to rub the sleep out his eyes before he watches his team lol

Yes , stay in your bubble where morons support, run and play for your club, for intelligent people playing for the old firm is not the be all and end all of playing professional football, otherwise McArthur and McCarthy, both old firm fans ,would have taken those move when they were offered :1eye

Rangers or Celtic don't want any of Accies players mate, so calm down before you get too excited ..I actually look forward to Rangers beating them 3-0 just so we can beat every team home and away next season for on tour for 55

Yes we're serious clonmel bhoy I couldn't even tell you one Hamilton player that would get a starting spot in the Rangers team. RFC want and are going to sign quality players that improve our lean hungry squad not a bunch of wannabes who are in reality no better than players we have on our bench like Shiels & Nicky Law and our youth who are better than Hamilton

Ali Crawford is probably worth more than the entirety of the entity calling itself Rangers.

Hahaha

No way

That's why you're not a football manager and a wannabe sports journo

If Ali Crawford was any decent he would have been snapped up already, but Rangers make more on season ticket income than he is worth every season, plus Crawford is a greenie who hasn't proved anything never mind worth more than Rangers lol

So let me get this right, you're saying the two players, who weren't even subject to an offer from Rangers or Celtic, not only are evidence a move to either club would be bad for their career but also evidence a Hamilton player should reject a move to either club if an offer is made?........

Aye, you're right, footballers are just in it for the football. Sure, they can go from a few hundred quid a week to thousands but who needs that when you can play for the mighty Hamilton!...

Archived