The price of challenging Celtic

"Only a few weeks ago the Hamilton development squad humped Rangers 4-0."

Uh huh, not like clonmel to bend the truth.

Clonmel butter seems to have a knack of bending the truth mate you're right

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So let me get this right, you're saying the two players, who weren't even subject to an offer from Rangers or Celtic, not only are evidence a move to either club would be bad for their career but also evidence a Hamilton player should reject a move to either club if an offer is made?........

Aye, you're right, footballers are just in it for the football. Sure, they can go from a few hundred quid a week to thousands but who needs that when you can play for the mighty Hamilton!...

Wigan and Rangers battle for James McArthur ... - STV Sport Accies reject Celtic McCarthy bid - BBC News

and fooking woe is me it seems your lot were desperate for him when your club still actually only had one life

eta do remind me where he ended up

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=156661

:1eye

and fooking woe is me it seems your lot were desperate for him when your club still actually only had one life

My mistake, I wasn't ware Celtic had made a bid for McCarthy, but you're initial point was that both players would have rejected a move anyway.

McCarthy never got to discuss a move to Celtic and Rangers (for a club apparently "desperate" to sign McArthur) never even made a bid.

But why you're basing your argument on just 2 players is a mystery, and even more mystifying in that there's no evidence they would have rejected a move to either club.

My mistake, I wasn't ware Celtic had made a bid for McCarthy, but you're initial point was that both players would have rejected a move anyway.

McCarthy never got to discuss a move to Celtic and Rangers (for a club apparently "desperate" to sign McArthur) never even made a bid.

But why you're basing your argument on just 2 players is a mystery, and even more mystifying in that there's no evidence they would have rejected a move to either club.

They are not the basis for my argument , they are just two examples of what my argument proves , and yesterday there was no evidence according to you of either club being interested :1eye

I have heard a lot recently from a few mates of the Sevco persuasion about how no Scottish Premiership team is 'ambitious' enough to challenge Celtic and how the top league is a boring one horse race.

Now if any club in the top tier were to overspend like Rangers they would land up liquidated just like they did.

So my question to the Bears on here is, was it worth it?

Was overspending to keep up with Celtic worth going in to admin and getting liquidated for?

Should the other clubs follow this model or remain without 'ambition'?

Just what we need - two big heid entitled teams getting horsed in European competition and blaming the league they milk for their own shortcomings.

Ah, the good old days.

Just what we need - two big heid entitled teams getting horsed in European competition and blaming the league they milk for their own shortcomings.

Ah, the good old days.

I think Collins had a bit of a point when you consider every Scottish team like Aberdeen etc get horsed every year every qualifier it's like a chore (a couple of year ago Hibs got horsed 6-0) except from Celtic sometimes and Rangers when we are back

I think Collins had a bit of a point when you consider every Scottish team like Aberdeen etc get horsed every year every qualifier it's like a chore (a couple of year ago Hibs got horsed 6-0) except from Celtic sometimes and Rangers when we are back

Seriously. Enough is enough. 1/25

Archived