Inverness CT - Transfer Thread Summer 2014

Hello, so I have been previewing each Premiership team for the start of the new season as part of my blog. Today it is the turn of Caley. I would love it if people gave this a wee read, and if anyone has any comments or feedback then that would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers.

Link

Can't argue against your preview of ICT, it is a pretty accurate assessment, although we do have a few more young players coming through in addition to Ryan Christie.

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello, so I have been previewing each Premiership team for the start of the new season as part of my blog. Today it is the turn of Caley. I would love it if people gave this a wee read, and if anyone has any comments or feedback then that would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers.

Link

Interesting read, agree with all your main points, only things

- from a historical perspective our squad is actually as deep as it ever has been - ICT have never been able to afford more than about 16-18 first teamers.

- defence, midfield and keeper I would say are all much better covered as they have been in the last few seasons - more 'proven' replacements.

- up front, if McKay is fit, there is arguably no need to play anyone else - although it is tempting fate. There are midfielders (including Foran at a pinch) who could

play up front in extremis - and we are probably slightly over-staffed in the attacking mid department.

So, no panic if we don't sign anyone at all - I'd much prefer that to a hasty and retrograde 'change for changes sake' move.

Can't argue against your preview of ICT, it is a pretty accurate assessment, although we do have a few more young players coming through in addition to Ryan Christie.

Thanks for having a read, I know there are a few more youth players at Caley I just wanted to pick the one most likely to make a big impact.

Interesting read, agree with all your main points, only things

- from a historical perspective our squad is actually as deep as it ever has been - ICT have never been able to afford more than about 16-18 first teamers.

- defence, midfield and keeper I would say are all much better covered as they have been in the last few seasons - more 'proven' replacements.

- up front, if McKay is fit, there is arguably no need to play anyone else - although it is tempting fate. There are midfielders (including Foran at a pinch) who could

play up front in extremis - and we are probably slightly over-staffed in the attacking mid department.

So, no panic if we don't sign anyone at all - I'd much prefer that to a hasty and retrograde 'change for changes sake' move.

Thanks for having a look. Obviously you know the club much better than I do in terms of size of squad etc. Are Caley fans surprised that McKay hasn't been subject to more bids? I thought this summer would have seen a few come in.

McKay didn't score as many in teh second half of last season, probably didn't do enough to get clubs willing to shell out a fee for him when he's got a year to go on his deal with us.

We have a decent spine - Warrren and Meekings at the back, Draper and Foran in the middle, McKay up front. We've got cover and options at the back and in midfield (Tansey and Devine are both good players) but nothing up front. I'd like to see us sign someone to give us an option, although not Alan Gow.

Is he out of contract at the end of the year?

He signed a two year deal in December 2012, so I assume this is the last season of that deal

Shinnie looks a certainty to leave, him and Robertson were so far ahead of any other LB in Scotland last year miles ahead doesnt even describe it

Bollocks, Taylor-Sinclair was very good for us. Third best after those two I reckon, but still, he got a move to Wigan on the back of last season.

Bollocks, Taylor-Sinclair was very good for us. Third best after those two I reckon, but still, he got a move to Wigan on the back of last season.

I only watched him about 5 times and was nowhere near as good as I'd been told, I'd say he's third, but still stick to my opinion on Shinnie and Robertson. If Shinnie or Robertson were out of contract they would of got equally as good if not better moves than Taylor-Sinclair, which some people tend to forget

Not unlike people to under estimate a St Johnstone player, Brian Easton was outstanding for us. Think theres more decent left backs than people think, only Aberdeen seem to have a shite one

Shinnie looks a certainty to leave, him and Robertson were so far ahead of any other LB in Scotland last year miles ahead doesnt even describe it[/quote

Why is he a certainty to leave?

I mean at the end of his contract

Archived