St Johnstone vs Dundee United, Armageddon sponsored Scottish Cup Final

banana

Scottish Cup Final 2013/14  

309 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5000 at McDiarmid on Saturday for cup finalists, shocking. For gods sake move the final to a smaller ground or there will be 20 000 plus empty seats.

2100 brave souls at Cappielow to witness a bottle crashing of epic proportions.

40,000 plus will be enjoying a good laugh at the expense of Dundee on the 17th. Good luck in the playoffs, champ.

5000 at McDiarmid on Saturday for cup finalists, shocking. For gods sake move the final to a smaller ground or there will be 20 000 plus empty seats.

The obsession is strong with this one

Just ordered my cup final top. Hopefully I can get a place on the mcdiarmid buses for this game

Trolling this terrible should be punishable by death.

I'm sure Jupe won't mind me re-posting his response to the same material used by the same troll on a different thread. It says it all really.

We're bringing out a special "Cup Final strip" for this according to Campus Sports. Does anyone know if its imply this seasons top with the words stitched in (like we did for the League Cup Final), or is it next seasons strip on sale early?

We're bringing out a special "Cup Final strip" for this according to Campus Sports. Does anyone know if its imply this seasons top with the words stitched in (like we did for the League Cup Final), or is it next seasons strip on sale early?

Went and pre-ordered it today (mainly as it bought the away top this year and didn't have a blue one for final) campus haven't actually been told what it is yet as the club are being tight lipped. As it has been revealed to be a one off kit I expect it to be literally that. And next season will have a different kit.

Went and pre-ordered it today (mainly as it bought the away top this year and didn't have a blue one for final) campus haven't actually been told what it is yet as the club are being tight lipped. As it has been revealed to be a one off kit I expect it to be literally that. And next season will have a different kit.

So it'll be a unique one? Wish I knew before ordering it but won't have much choice, gonna have to go in on Saturday and just book the fucker

Is parking at the Forge any good?

I've parked at the retail one (as opposed to main shopping centre) a couple of times after we were promoted and never had any bother, although they say you aren't meant to park there. Might not be ideal if we are at the other end of the ground though.

If you don't mind a walk, I now just park at the Tesco in Dalmarnock, that's just off the relevant M74 junction. It's probably a 15 minute walk but you get away quickly and never had any bother.

I've parked at the retail one (as opposed to main shopping centre) a couple of times after we were promoted and never had any bother, although they say you aren't meant to park there. Might not be ideal if we are at the other end of the ground though.

If you don't mind a walk, I now just park at the Tesco in Dalmarnock, that's just off the relevant M74 junction. It's probably a 15 minute walk but you get away quickly and never had any bother.

Thanks Radford.

There's a petition online which will be sent to Dundee United and St Johnstone football clubs. It's to ask that there should be some form of recognition for Ian Redford, who played for both clubs, and who died in January.

There had been a minute's applause scheduled for the match between these two teams at the end of January, but if was called off due to adverse weather, so Neither United fans nor Saints fans have had the chance to show their appreciation of this fantastic player.

The petition is on change.org

http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/dundee-united-st-johnstone-fc-a-tribute-to-ian-redford-at-the-scottish-cup-final?recruiter=90077529&utm_campaign=twitter_link_action_box&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=share_petition

There's a petition online which will be sent to Dundee United and St Johnstone football clubs. It's to ask that there should be some form of recognition for Ian Redford, who played for both clubs, and who died in January.

There had been a minute's applause scheduled for the match between these two teams at the end of January, but if was called off due to adverse weather, so Neither United fans nor Saints fans have had the chance to show their appreciation of this fantastic player.

The petition is on change.org

http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/dundee-united-st-johnstone-fc-a-tribute-to-ian-redford-at-the-scottish-cup-final?recruiter=90077529&utm_campaign=twitter_link_action_box&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=share_petition

"Having had some messages it seems the idea of having a piece in the matchday programme would be a fitting way to pay tribute to a local boy and footballing hero to many. "

Does there really need to be a petition for this? A fan or local freelance journalist could write something up and submit it to the programme editor (usually Ronnie Esplin I think).

A minute's applause isn't needed, and if it was why not have it on Saturday when the two met at McDairmid Park? It's a cup final, place should be buzzing, there's no need for fans to pause and applaud for a minute because some bizarrely "have not yet had the chance to pay their respects".

"Having had some messages it seems the idea of having a piece in the matchday programme would be a fitting way to pay tribute to a local boy and footballing hero to many. "

Does there really need to be a petition for this? A fan or local freelance journalist could write something up and submit it to the programme editor (usually Ronnie Esplin I think).

A minute's applause isn't needed, and if it was why not have it on Saturday when the two met at McDairmid Park? It's a cup final, place should be buzzing, there's no need for fans to pause and applaud for a minute because some bizarrely "have not yet had the chance to pay their respects".

I've no idea how they would go about it. It's just an appeal to both clubs to take the opportunity to commemorate his life, and his contribution to both clubs.

I agree a minute's applause probably isn't appropriate given that by the time the cup final rolls around, 4 months will have passed since his death. The petition didn't mention having a minute's applause though, other than to say that had been what was originally planned. It asks for a piece to be written and included in the cup final programme.

Is it wrong or "bizarre" that people want to show their appreciation of a man who was a great ambassador for our clubs?

Theres nothing at all bizarre about wanting to pay respects at such a special game. Its more bizarre you've decided to take some form of offence from it